• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Most effective Adenosylcobalamin

cman89

What has been the most effective Dibencozide/Adenosylocbalamin you have taken? I have found great success with anabol naturals, but they seem to be dropping from the common sales sites that I used in the past. (not fun)

Changexpert

One I tried was from Seeking Health. The effect was definitely noticeable, although short-lived. The only complaint I have is that this product makes my teeth sensitivity worse. This is a general problem associated with sublingual supplements that gets worse with additives.

Tammy

I am searching as well.....................I would prefer a liquid or capsules. So far metabolics adenosylcobalamin looks pretty pure without extra stuff..............it is out of the UK however.................they do ship to US but might be a little expensive.

Tammy

What has been the most effective Dibencozide/Adenosylocbalamin you have taken? I have found great success with anabol naturals, but they seem to be dropping from the common sales sites that I used in the past. (not fun)
Yeah.............some sites are discontinuing it completely.

whodathunkit

which is what I did. That was not my question mate. Come on , help me out here
The implication of your post seemed to be that you were having a hard time getting it. I guess I don't understand why you would switch when you can get it somewhere else fairly easily.

Or maybe I would not have posted unhelpful replies if you'd said something like "Aside from Anabol Naturals, what's the most effective dibencozide?" ;)

cman89

The implication of your post seemed to be that you were having a hard time getting it. I guess I don't understand why you would switch when you can get it somewhere else fairly easily.

Or maybe I would not have posted unhelpful replies if you'd said something like "Aside from Anabol Naturals, what's the most effective dibencozide?" ;)
Fair enough then. But no, I just am looking for cheapest, most effective, and seemingly the Source Naturals just isnt the same.

PennyIA

I really like the B12 oils out of Australia - which reminds me, I should order again soon (before I run out).

I ordered two - knowing I needed more Adenosylocbalamin and not happy with the supplements I had tried to take; One is a mixture of Methylcobalamin and Adenosylocobalamin; the other had a few more ingrediants that I wanted to try as well as those two.

I've been impressed with the transderm oil over the sublingual (and like others - with the sensitive teeth - had issues with sublinguals).

http://www.b12oils.com/

cman89

I really like the B12 oils out of Australia - which reminds me, I should order again soon (before I run out).

I ordered two - knowing I needed more Adenosylocbalamin and not happy with the supplements I had tried to take; One is a mixture of Methylcobalamin and Adenosylocobalamin; the other had a few more ingrediants that I wanted to try as well as those two.

I've been impressed with the transderm oil over the sublingual (and like others - with the sensitive teeth - had issues with sublinguals).

Interesting. So, you feel you are getting more b12 through these then?

PennyIA

Interesting. So, you feel you are getting more b12 through these then?

Yes... I experimented a bit - switching back and forth between them and the sublinguals. mind you, they aren't cheap; but I find a single dose of the oil is better than three sublinguals, which puts them right in the same cost-range anyway. And it takes five seconds to rub in vs. 3 sublinguals when I'm not eating (and I'm always eating since I can't really eat big meals) and a good 30-45 minutes to let the sublingual dissolve.

I also experimented a bit with bigger doses since I knew my B's were out of balance as I was having trouble keeping my B12 high enough for my high-dose folate. And while it felt like I needed those bigger doses then? I really feel pretty good on a single dose now... so I'm back to normal dosing range.

cman89

Yes... I experimented a bit - switching back and forth between them and the sublinguals. mind you, they aren't cheap; but I find a single dose of the oil is better than three sublinguals, which puts them right in the same cost-range anyway. And it takes five seconds to rub in vs. 3 sublinguals when I'm not eating (and I'm always eating since I can't really eat big meals) and a good 30-45 minutes to let the sublingual dissolve.

I also experimented a bit with bigger doses since I knew my B's were out of balance as I was having trouble keeping my B12 high enough for my high-dose folate. And while it felt like I needed those bigger doses then? I really feel pretty good on a single dose now... so I'm back to normal dosing range.
Very interesting.

dannybex

@PennyIA, what prevents the b12 from being damaged by UV light? I remember Fred and others talking about how b vitamins need to be protected from light…

Also, how many doses do you get out of one 15ml bottle? And how many milligrams in each dose?

Thanks.

PennyIA

It's in a solid silver colored container with a pump, so it's not exposed to the light until you are pumping it out and applying it.

I haven't emptied a bottle yet... but I'd estimate I was getting around 60 doses per bottle. (because of a lot of skipped doses to see if I could really track improvement to it instead of just funny timing) not sure how many milligrams are in that dose, probably only 1 or 2 - but I was doing 3 - 10mg sublinguals and this definitely was more effective than that. So, at least in my experience, I felt like I was getting more out of it. Others were stating that it seemed like 1 dose was the equivalent of 5 mg sublingually... but my experience it was better than that.

are these the only 2 options that people know of for getting pure adenosylcobalamin? I've been searching but haven't found anything else. I too have the severe tooth sensitivity, but this is one supplement that actually improves my quality of life.

Also wondering what a good source for pure hydroxycobalamin is?

South

@wookielove

Well, there's the following supplement, which does not have any sweeteners or acids in it, it is just a capsule filled with a mix of both adenosylcobalamin and hydroxycobalamin.
The only other ingredients are "Hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), and a vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)"

"Adenosyl/Hydroxy B12" by Pure Encapsulations

Some sites that sell it:

http://www.professionalsupplementce...ogleshopping&gclid=CNatv97C_s4CFVQ6gQodTXEAcw

https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Encapsu...1_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MWGKZBVS18CQJBQ3RV4N

I knew of another brand without sweeteners/acids, but can't remember it right now, will post again if I think of it.