1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

most common Vitamin D tests inaccurate

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by laura, Jul 1, 2012.

1. laura

laura Senior Member

Southern California
    For those of you who are not a member of ConsumerLab.com, I thought I'd relay the following information. I must paraphrase and not copy and paste due to copyright issues.

ConsumerLab just updated their report on Vitamin D tests. They say that the most common current methods of testing Vitamin D, immunoassay tests using Abbott Architect or Siemens Centaur-2 immunoassay devices, have an increased likelihood of reporting Vitamin D levels as deficient when they are not. ConsumerLab recommends using the older established method (LC/MS), [if you know what that is, I don't!], if you are concerned that your lab results are not accurate.
    Lotus97, merylg and nanonug like this.
  2. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    I was taking 5000 iu of vitamin D, but my vitamin D 25 hydroxy was only 30.2 ng/ml. When my vitamin D was tested in the past it was higher so I'm hoping that it's a problem with my test rather than actual deficiency.

See more popular forum discussions.