Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

most common Vitamin D tests inaccurate

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by laura, Jul 1, 2012.

1. laura

laura Senior Member

Southern California
    For those of you who are not a member of ConsumerLab.com, I thought I'd relay the following information. I must paraphrase and not copy and paste due to copyright issues.

ConsumerLab just updated their report on Vitamin D tests. They say that the most common current methods of testing Vitamin D, immunoassay tests using Abbott Architect or Siemens Centaur-2 immunoassay devices, have an increased likelihood of reporting Vitamin D levels as deficient when they are not. ConsumerLab recommends using the older established method (LC/MS), [if you know what that is, I don't!], if you are concerned that your lab results are not accurate.

Lotus97, merylg and nanonug like this.
  2. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    I was taking 5000 iu of vitamin D, but my vitamin D 25 hydroxy was only 30.2 ng/ml. When my vitamin D was tested in the past it was higher so I'm hoping that it's a problem with my test rather than actual deficiency.

See more popular forum discussions.