1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mortality in a cohort of Danish patients with fibromyalgia - increased suicide, liver

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia' started by ggingues, Jul 15, 2010.

1. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
  2. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    "The causes of markedly increased rate of suicide in female FM are at present unknown, but may be related to increased rates of lifetime depression, anxiety, and psychiatric disorders."

- they don't consider that it might be because people are having to live with a devastating, excruciatingly painful and frightening illness, the contempt of the medical profession paid to help us and no treatment whatsoever but psychobabble?
  3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Modern psychiatry always seems to presume that suicide is the result of mentle illness.

One of the things I dislike about it is the way in which it can pathologise rational behaviour.

Good news about the low death rate with FM, bad news about the suicide rate though. I'm grateful that I don't have to deal with any serious pain with CFS - just aches and annoyances.
  4. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
    Also, because the medical profession thinks FMS is no big deal and/or it is psychological and write articles about FMS easily accessible on the internet, some friends and family members tend to treat you like your just depressed or lazy and you have no right to talk about such nothingness.

My sister-in-law also has FMS. When she told her son about it he said "I read about that on the internet. That's nothing mom. Just eat right and take some vitamins." I told her to keep him away from me because I am going to tell him how I feel about that, and it will not be nice.
  5. ixchelkali

ixchelkali Senior Member

Long Beach, CA
    That's what I thought, too!

See more popular forum discussions.