• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

morning palpitation. high cortisol? salt, mag intake?

been experience horrible palp tachy bout 20 min more or less every morning for about a week. was wondering is it due to high cortisol..it happens even when im not sitting but still lie down. even changing position triggers the heart to act crazy.
i read that salt and mag could increase cortisol.. it confused me. cause i increase salt intake cause i thought it helps to increase blood volume. also take little more mag cause they said it helps for heart. but it was mag oxide.
it frustrated me out. :( afraid to sleep and face the next day..
wanted to get saliva test but heard tht its not the right time when on period. also the lab here only test every tuesday so have to wait

SOC

been experience horrible palp tachy bout 20 min more or less evrrymorning for about a week. was wondering is it due to high cortisol..and if salt and mag increase cortisol..it frustrated me out. afraid to sleep and face the next day..
wanted to get saliva test but heard tht its not the right time when on period. also the lab here only test every tuesday so have to wait

It's more likely that morning tachy is the result of low blood volume. If you have low blood volume due to low aldosterone (and many PWME do), then your blood volume can become very low in the morning. The tachy is your body's attempt to get more blood to your brain and other organs.

You can try drinking 500-750 mls of electrolyte drink just before bed and immediately upon waking. Sit up in bed for 30-60 mins to allow your body to adjust to being upright. If you have tachy from low blood volume, it should be improved. That's not to say that protocol will completely resolve the problem, but it might give you a feeling whether your tachy is related to low blood volume.

It's more likely that morning tachy is the result of low blood volume. If you have low blood volume due to low aldosterone (and many PWME do), then your blood volume can become very low in the morning. The tachy is your body's attempt to get more blood to your brain and other organs.

You can try drinking 500-750 mls of electrolyte drink just before bed and immediately upon waking. Sit up in bed for 30-60 mins to allow your body to adjust to being upright. If you have tachy from low blood volume, it should be improved. That's not to say that protocol will completely resolve the problem, but it might give you a feeling whether your tachy is related to low blood volume.
thanks for your advice, i forgot to mention it happens even when im not sitting but still lie down. even changing position triggers it the heart to act crazy.
latelt ive been increasing my salt intake (thinking itll help increase blood volume)but then i read it could raise cortisol so im confused. also i read controversial thing about mag n cortisol. since i take more mag too lately though its mag oxide.
i did experience lack of sleep for days but its still weird to me.
electrolyte drink, is pocari sweat ok?