• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Morning fatigue - low potassium connection

Mary

Moderator Resource
I don't know I feel like this is dangerous to supplement or not supplement without bloodwork but obviously tachycardia of 125 is not normal and uncomfortable and also probably a sign of heart damage.
you know for years I had angina this strangulation feeling in my chest like the blood flow was constricted even when I was young for a few minutes, I'm not sure what that is

Yes, blood work would be best if you can get it done. I wish we could test our potassium the way diabetics test their blood sugar - daily. I wake up a lot at night with my legs aching or in the morning feeling achy and tired, and I go by my symptoms - I take more potassium and the achiness and low-potassium-induced fatigue go away.

I did a lot of reading about potassium before I started taking a supplement. So it would be very good if you did a lot of your own reading and educate yourself. Read some of Freddd's posts about potassium. What I've read to be careful about is to not take a huge amount all at once. So I space it throughout the day, plus drink V8.

Anyways, if you're nervous about taking a supplement, then try a lot of potassium rich foods, whatever works for you. And since you had dangerously low potassium in the hospital, maybe your doctor will work with you. Unfortunately, too many of us are essentially on our own dealing with our various symptoms. But if you have a doctor who will work with you, that would be great. And if a potassium supplement lowers your fast heart rate but you don't want to take a supplement, then find foods that do the job for you.

physicsstudent13

I'm actually having clarity now late in the day from something, I'm not sure if it was the extra prednisone I took before bed or the B complex injections with potassium and acetyl l carnitine

Mary

Moderator Resource
@physicsstudent13 - Since your doctor is giving you B complex injections with potassium and acetyl-l-carnitine, then he or she should be able to help you raise your potassium levels if they are chronically low, I would think. I've heard of B injections, but not with potassium and acetyl-l-carnitine. That's interesting. Do you do them daily or how often?

Why are you taking prednisone? What is your diagnosis?