1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A disease with two faces? Re-naming ME/CFS
Persuasion Smith covers the bases on the misleading and disreputable name for our disease we've all been saddled with ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Morganella morganii Infection as cause of Chronic Fatigue

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by nanonug, May 4, 2012.

1. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    I have been making a lot of noise in these forums about how gut issues may be the cause of chronic fatigue syndrome. I have also been recommending in many cases the Metametrix GI Effects Complete Profile. Well, today I received the results for my poop test and it shows that I have a very high count (more than 3000 times the threshold) of an opportunistic bacteria called Morganella morganii. Once I clean up the private info on the PDF, I will attach the PDF file with the results for your viewing pleasure.

2. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Noosaville, Aust
    Hi nanonug, would doxy be effective against this?

3. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    I believe it would, yes.

EDIT: Whoops, I may have spoken out of turn here!

Things may be a bit more complicated than I first thought. I've been doing a little bit more reading and it seems that my friend Morganella morganii is a tougher cookie to crack. This bug quickly develops resistance to most antibiotics. There is even a strain that is resistant to *all* known antibiotics. Both the first and alternative lines of defense involve antibiotics given by IV.

See more popular forum discussions.