• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Morganella morganii Infection as cause of Chronic Fatigue

nanonug

I have been making a lot of noise in these forums about how gut issues may be the cause of chronic fatigue syndrome. I have also been recommending in many cases the Metametrix GI Effects Complete Profile. Well, today I received the results for my poop test and it shows that I have a very high count (more than 3000 times the threshold) of an opportunistic bacteria called Morganella morganii. Once I clean up the private info on the PDF, I will attach the PDF file with the results for your viewing pleasure.

nanonug

Hi nanonug, would doxy be effective against this?

I believe it would, yes.

EDIT: Whoops, I may have spoken out of turn here!

Things may be a bit more complicated than I first thought. I've been doing a little bit more reading and it seems that my friend Morganella morganii is a tougher cookie to crack. This bug quickly develops resistance to most antibiotics. There is even a strain that is resistant to *all* known antibiotics. Both the first and alternative lines of defense involve antibiotics given by IV.