1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
In Brief: The Adrenal Glands and ME
The second in a new series of ‘In Brief’ articles, where Andrew Gladman provides a helpful insight into the science behind fairly common topics, exploring how they relate to ME/CFS. This time he discusses the adrenal glands and why they can be such a talking point ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

More Meth Supps While Fighting Virus?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by chilove, Oct 10, 2013.

1. chilove

chilove Senior Member

Hey all,

I've got a nasty cold. Do y'all think we need to take more methylation supporting supplements while we fighting acute illnesses?

Thanks!

Audrey
  2. Violeta

Violeta Senior Member

Audrey, when I had a bad cold in september, what helped me was potassium and vitamin c. I don't even think i took any of my B's.
  3. chilove

chilove Senior Member

Thanks Violetta, I have upped the Vit C but didn't think to increase potassium. I'll try that.
  4. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Senior Member

West Coast USA
  5. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Yes, typically for flu-like symptoms, sore throat and cold Zinc is recommended.
    The recommendation is to take a higher does during the first days of the flu to boost the immune system. As far as I can remember this is clinically well tested.

cheers
  6. chilove

chilove Senior Member

Someone else just reminded me about Zinc this morning! Thanks! I will add that in as well!

See more popular forum discussions.