1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and Beating the Clock
For Jody Smith, the ticking of a clock was enough at one time to chase her back to her bed. But with the passage of time, she has been able to reclaim her living room ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

More Meth Supps While Fighting Virus?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by chilove, Oct 10, 2013.

1. chilove

chilove Senior Member

Hey all,

I've got a nasty cold. Do y'all think we need to take more methylation supporting supplements while we fighting acute illnesses?

Thanks!

Audrey
  2. Violeta

Violeta Senior Member

Audrey, when I had a bad cold in september, what helped me was potassium and vitamin c. I don't even think i took any of my B's.
  3. chilove

chilove Senior Member

Thanks Violetta, I have upped the Vit C but didn't think to increase potassium. I'll try that.
  4. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Senior Member

West Coast USA
  5. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Yes, typically for flu-like symptoms, sore throat and cold Zinc is recommended.
    The recommendation is to take a higher does during the first days of the flu to boost the immune system. As far as I can remember this is clinically well tested.

cheers
  6. chilove

chilove Senior Member

Someone else just reminded me about Zinc this morning! Thanks! I will add that in as well!

See more popular forum discussions.