• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

More evidence needed for chronic fatigue diagnosis, treatments

jimells

This is a very strange announcement for the P2P review papers although neither "P2P" nor "NIH" is mentioned . I don't know who "Medical Express" is for, but I don't much care for this little tidbit:

(HealthDay)—Criteria for diagnosing myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) as well as treatment options are addressed in two systematic evidence reviews published in the June 16 issue of the Annals of Internal Medicine.

Counseling therapies and graded exercise therapy improved fatigue, function, global improvement, and work impairment compared with no treatment, relaxation, or support in some trials. Low to moderate evidence suggested improvement in quality of life with counseling therapy.

Uggh. It's just impossible to get rid of this garbage. It reads like it's from the Science Media Centre. Any mis-informed physician reading this will continue to think it's a psycho illness.