Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Monolaurin.

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Fuzzyhead, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Fuzzyhead

Fuzzyhead Senior Member

Has anyone tried this? I started with 2 x 990mg tablets 2 days ago and i woke up in the middle of the night feeling sick. Anyone else have any side effects?

2. ScottTriGuy

ScottTriGuy Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.

Toronto, Canada
    I just started 2 weeks ago back on it - I'd taken a break for 3 months of Nystatin, but it ended.

My Lauricidin comes in little pellets like in their pic: https://www.lauricidin.com/

When I initially started, I took 1 pellet and had some (presumably) herxing. I did not experience any side effects after that and built my way up to about 20 pellets 3 times a day.

3. CedarHome

CedarHome

@ScottTriGuy
    @Fuzzyhead

Are you still taking monolaurin? How is it going?

I'm on week 3. Started with 5 pellets just to be cautious-
    1/4 scoop for a week and now 1/2 scoop.

Main symptom has been nausea. Most of the time it's tolerable.

Although now orthostatic intolerance has really gotten worse - because of increased dose of monolaurin or some other reason, I have no idea.

Thinking of taking a week of monolaurin just to see if that's why.

ScottTriGuy likes this.
  4. ScottTriGuy

ScottTriGuy Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.

Toronto, Canada
    I haven't noticed any effect.

I've been on it for a jar, then off for a couple of months, and then I just finished another jar a couple of weeks ago.

I think I have one more jar left. At this point I'm just taking them because I bought them and I don't have any side effects, so I don't think they're doing any harm. Are they doing any good? Nothing overt to report.

5. CedarHome

CedarHome

Been slowly ramping up and just finished week 3 of trail, up to 1/2 scoop 3x day.

I have had nausea with it, which makes me think its doing something.

But the last 2 weeks have also been what I'm optimistically calling "a downturn" so.... Taking a break to see if it makes any difference at all.

sb4 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.