• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Monolaurin.

Fuzzyhead

Has anyone tried this? I started with 2 x 990mg tablets 2 days ago and i woke up in the middle of the night feeling sick. Anyone else have any side effects?

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
I just started 2 weeks ago back on it - I'd taken a break for 3 months of Nystatin, but it ended.

My Lauricidin comes in little pellets like in their pic: https://www.lauricidin.com/

When I initially started, I took 1 pellet and had some (presumably) herxing. I did not experience any side effects after that and built my way up to about 20 pellets 3 times a day.

CedarHome

@ScottTriGuy
@Fuzzyhead

Are you still taking monolaurin? How is it going?

I'm on week 3. Started with 5 pellets just to be cautious-
1/4 scoop for a week and now 1/2 scoop.

Main symptom has been nausea. Most of the time it's tolerable.

Although now orthostatic intolerance has really gotten worse - because of increased dose of monolaurin or some other reason, I have no idea.

Thinking of taking a week of monolaurin just to see if that's why.

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
I haven't noticed any effect.

I've been on it for a jar, then off for a couple of months, and then I just finished another jar a couple of weeks ago.

I think I have one more jar left. At this point I'm just taking them because I bought them and I don't have any side effects, so I don't think they're doing any harm. Are they doing any good? Nothing overt to report.

CedarHome

I haven't noticed any effect.

I've been on it for a jar, then off for a couple of months, and then I just finished another jar a couple of weeks ago.

I think I have one more jar left. At this point I'm just taking them because I bought them and I don't have any side effects, so I don't think they're doing any harm. Are they doing any good? Nothing overt to report.

Been slowly ramping up and just finished week 3 of trail, up to 1/2 scoop 3x day.

I have had nausea with it, which makes me think its doing something.

But the last 2 weeks have also been what I'm optimistically calling "a downturn" so.... Taking a break to see if it makes any difference at all.