• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Molybdenum... amonium free?

I saw this comment in a review on amazon for a molybdenum supplement:
"It may be a nice supplement for someone else. What got me is that it was ammonium free, but turns out it does not quite work for my purposes of mthfr/cbs symptom correction, while "ammonium" ones do. Gave me painful side effects. I am iffy about the glycine and leucine in it - both could cause you ammonia toxicity if you have certain issues. It could work for people without health problems like mine - my family member likes it.. Giving it three stars for no-fillers/flow agents/ idea.."

Does anyone know what they are talking about? For someone with CBS mutations, do they need the amonium version? Does anyone have specific brands that contain ammonium and do not?