Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mold in our house, could have affected my ME?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Willhm, Aug 8, 2013.

  1. Willhm

    Willhm

    Messages:
    77
    Likes:
    14
    Hello,

    Even though I have known for a while I haven't really thought of mentioning on here. In my brothers room next to mine he has mold behind the walls I think it is because the chimney is above his room and the water came in. It has been obvious over time when it has started to darken the walls and around the ceiling. I think is still there and has been for a few years, I have had ME for over 4 years.

    Is it possible there is a link?
     
  2. Willhm

    Willhm

    Messages:
    77
    Likes:
    14
    Brother has said that mold has been gone for a few months, could it still be a problem though?
     
  3. minkeygirl

    minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

    Messages:
    3,060
    Likes:
    2,264
    Left Coast
    You didn't say what kind of mold but I'm guessing black mold.

    I recently moved out of a place that had mold in it. I moved in August 1, found out about the mold Mid September. I never noticed it until it rained and then it filled my lungs with spores.

    I don't believe the mold itself effected me because it was a short time but there are a lot of people who believe mold has a huge impact on your health and does in fact cause serious problems.

    The other issue is how was the mold removed? You need professionals to come in and remove it, kill it and then they have to test the air to make sure all the mold was gone. If that wasn't done there still could be mold.

    Minks
     
  4. SickOfSickness

    SickOfSickness Senior Member

    Messages:
    2,035
    Likes:
    1,452
    US
    There are cases where someone is healthy and gets very ill because of the mold. (And recover slowly after getting to a clean place.)
     
  5. minkeygirl

    minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

    Messages:
    3,060
    Likes:
    2,264
    Left Coast
    I know some people who lived in a mold ridden place for too long and he suffered cognitive impairment.

    The only way to know if it has affected you is to go get tested by a professional. But again, there are people here who believe it.

    Here is a book someone here told me about "Mold Warriors and Surviving Mold" and there is a Dr. Shoemaker in NJ I think who is really big on mold.

    You won't know until you get tested.

    Mink
     
  6. globalpilot

    globalpilot Senior Member

    Messages:
    598
    Likes:
    227
    Ontario
    It's defintely possible. There are stories of people who got sick after exposure to mold. Many stories. I'd go see a doc that deals with mold by testing for it and treating it if I found myself in that situaiton.
     

See more popular forum discussions.

Share This Page