• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mold Illness and Its Application for Lyme Disease (7-Min. Video/Interview)

Wayne

7-Minute Video -- Dr. Raj Patel interviewed by Scott Forsgren (BetterHealthGuy.com)

Mold Illness and Its Application for Lyme Disease

Published on Sep 19, 2012

I just discovered Scott Forsgren's website yesterday, and am impressed by the wealth of information he's compiled. Although his primary focus is Lyme, so much of what's on his site seems applicable to ME/CFS.

Abha

Abha
Hi Wayne,
I have just listened to that video on mold.Thanks for posting.I have Rickettsia(two types)besides many other problems in my ongoing illness.Recently too, i listened to a lengthy interview Dr Mercola/Dr Ritchie Shoemaker on mold/treatment(Youtube).It was very informative and detailed.I'm now living in a damp climate(UK)with little sunshine.I have felt a lot better in dry desert countries(but not cured).I'm sure mold(and electro smog?)also are playing a part in my ongoing health problems.I'm interested in Cholestyramine(which has a net positive charge on its nitrogen containing side chains.) .... hormone (MSH); Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) ...
Wayne have you tried Dr Shoemakers protocol ?If so.did you use any of the latter items in your treatment?

Wayne

Wayne have you tried Dr Shoemakers protocol ?If so.did you use any of the latter items in your treatment?
Hi Abha,

No, I've not tried Shoemaker's protocol. In some ways, I've felt very negligent in following up on some of this mold stuff. I've even forgotten what I learned from the above video I posted! :rolleyes: Since I can only do so much, I'm more focusing on my Hashimoto's, hypothyroidism, and Lyme at this time. But will try to include mold issues as I'm able.

merylg

Hi Wayne,
Thanks so much for this video. So much important info put so concisely! With my foggy brain I've had to watch it about 3 times now. Interesting part about the mold toxin-sensitive people being unable to mount a normal antibody response to molds.

meryl

globalpilot

thanks Wayne. This is an important topic. i'm going to Dr Neil Nathan in a couple weeks. He is good friends with dr shoemaker and does the same testing/treatment. i do have one of the 6 'bad' genes so it's time I pursued this as i'm not getting well with all the other measures i'm doing.

Abha

Abha
Hi Wayne,

I have been in contact with Dr Shoemaker's site(re mold)...I got this reply..."Dr. Shoemaker retired in January and is not seeing patients but he is doing phone consultations if you are interested."

Another Dr I have been watching/listening to on Youtube is Dr Klinghardt.His interview by Dr Mercola(2hrs 20mins+)is very informative.He is very knowledgeable/thorough.One of the things talked about is Insulin Resistance(Dr Jonathan Wright Protocol).Seemingly, once the parasites are completely(?)dealt with then one treats this.This mecahanism(IR) once dealt with seems to be a big factor in illnesses like ours.The cost of that treatment seems reasonable.Have you looked into this?I'm not sure if mold is involved in IR problems but I guess it could be(I would need to listen to that video more times!)