• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mold Dr and tests in Canada?

Can anyone recommend a mold (Shoemaker) doc in Canada? Or tell me how I go about getting tests like C3a and C4a in Canada?

Thanks a bunch guys.

Martial

I don't know of ay doctors personally but this is a GREAT book in treating mold toxicity and for general knowledge of the topic.. I was generally pretty ignorant of the topic until recently as before I thought the whole mold neuro toxin stuff was a way for certain service provider's to take advantage of fearful patrons..

Anyways I definitely recommend it has everything you would need to recover and no doctor needed!

http://www.amazon.com/MOLD-Kurt-Lee-Ann-Billings/dp/0972101608

God bless,

Todd

Daffodil

hello. which province are you in?

I think one of the compliment tests might be available..i know both are not. dang my fog..i cannot remember but I have looked into this before.

I think the closest you could get to a mold /shoemaker doctor in Canada might be to go to a naturopath. you are lucky if you are in BC, because naturopaths there have a lot more freedom to prescribe.

Hi guys. I'm in Manitoba. I have GP who is willing to prescribe some things. I gave me a prescription of cholestyramine for example. So I think he would be willing to work alongside another doc. But I haven't been able to find a good mold doc around.

I also don't think most of Shoemaker's tests are available here, and I don't know how to get them. I would love to know if one of those compliments is though...

Daffodil

hi. in Ontario, we have Gamma-Dynacare, CML, Alpha Labs, etc. I am not sure which blood labs you have there, but you can call their head offices and find out if they do certain tests. You may have to be persistent because they will likely ask you to tell your doctor to call them instead. You may be able to access the test menus online also.

Also, hospital labs often do specialized tests. You can call the blood lab of a hospital and ask to speak to someone there about their test menu. They will probably also ask your doctor to call but sometimes, you get lucky.

You can also send blood to some of the American labs if your doctor is willing to help; I have been doing this for many years. It would help if your doctor is willing to open an account with the lab, which is sometimes necessary. This is free, but many doctors refuse (not sure why).

xoxo