Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

modified release amoxicillin

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by SwanRonson, Apr 13, 2015.

1. SwanRonson

SwanRonson Senior Member

Alabama
    I've heard reference to a form of amoxicillin that will reach the colon in-tact, in order to treat overgrown strep. Has anyone heard of or used this?

2. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    amoxicillin is what triggered an acute active stage of lyme disease for me. It works very powerfully so just be careful with it.

SwanRonson likes this.
  3. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    This made me have a look around, there are plenty of references to modified release amoxicillin, I also came across a piece of research about modified release doxycycline and Lyme, made a big difference in tests on mice in comparison to standard doxy. Why isn't research like this acted upon especially in the initial stages of Lyme infection. Sorry for hijacking.

4. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Probenecid can increase the blood levels and half life of penicillin abx as well as amoxicillin. Could be worth searching further.

5. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    Be sure to take NAC if you use prolonged antibiotics as well. Protects mitochondria damage from the bactericidal actions.

See more popular forum discussions.