1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Models Suggesting Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Is “Amenable to Intervention” Provide Hope: Dr. Broderick

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Sasha, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
  2. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    I generally look forward to Broderick's published papers as they are generally both interesting and original, but all of the models so far have left me wanting, with respect to whether they actually represent reality - some of the assumptions and implications are unlikely suggesting to me that the model does not reflect the disease. They recently produced a paper that modelled some loops that was hypothesised to lead to onset of CFS and the most interesting part about it too me anyway, was that it predicted the kinetics - two cases, both relapse/remitting and a sort of dormant period before a sharp onset. But change the name of the variables to another system and you will have the same sort of behaviour and kinetics - so it doesn't really prove that the model matches reality, simply that the model could represent a real system.
    WillowJ and catly like this.
  3. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Tantalizing quotes from the article.

And...

Little Bluestem, SOC, Bob and 2 others like this.
  4. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    I've always believed this. If we can solve this illness, it will pave the way to solve others, probably others previously considered unsolveable.
    Valentijn, Sidereal, Sasha and 4 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.