Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Modeling autism risk factor leads to permanent immune dysregulation

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by natasa778, Jul 18, 2012.

1. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-07/ciot-crf071712.php

currer, Tito, Glynis Steele and 3 others like this.
  2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Wow, thanks natasa for this exciting find. Seems all things go back to the immune system and gut.

3. Glynis Steele

Glynis Steele Senior Member

Newcastle upon Tyne UK
    Thanks for this natasa, this bit cannot come soon enough for me!

4. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    Same here Glynis. I wonder if they are postulating that a damaged microbiota or less than optimal is what allows teh immune system to stay in overdrive.
    It does seem to be all about the gut.

5. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

I think it is both, as bad gut bugs would not be there if the immune system was in a top notch shape.

Imo the viral infection (or bacterial) in pregnancy lays the ground, throws the system off balance enough that it later goes further down south following immune stressors such as vaccines or on exposure to gut pathogens. If immune system is dysregulated in fetus during pregnancy then offspring will both be less able to ward of pathogens (hence dysbiosis) and secondly their will 'over-react' in terms of producing excess inflammation (but not really controlling the pathogens very well --- sort of like a very loud yapping small dog)

Also viral attack in pregnancy can dysregulate autonomic nervous system long term, which also links in to immune dysregulation and especially the lack of immune defences in the gut (where ANS rules).

This all comes from animal studies and is well known to happen in animals but no reason to believe that very similar things don't happen in humans.

6. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
  7. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

Aaaah another one then, thanks for pointing out. Not surprising in the slightest! btw you wouldn't believe how many overlaps there are between HIV and autism (including social/behavioural and language impairments), and how many treatments are overlapping. There is even an AZT case study where 'idiopathic' autism child did amazingly well during the time he was on it. But of course that little illuminating potato was just too hot hot hot to handle and was sadly never followed up...

8. currer

currer Senior Member

Fascinating article nastasa thanks for posting it. The possibilities and connections are amazing.

9. Ian

Ian Senior Member

Vaccines cause autism. Don't believe me, read the literature -> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12773696

As for treating a child with AZT. AZT was originally designed as a chemotherapy drug, but it was so toxic they wouldn't even allow it for dying cancer patients. Yet somehow it was dug up and resurrected to fight HIV. The theory is, if HIV is hiding in 1/1000 healthy cells. Destroying 1000 cells will get that 1 HIV. The side effects of AZT are also terrifying, ie bone marrow failure. These are fatal conditions.

10. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

That study is not very good Ian, I wouldn't rely on it. I also take issue with the word 'cause'. Having said that if the above model proves of maternal immune activation skewing neurodevelopment AND the immune system of babies, then vaccines and infections as 'triggers' and contributing/worsening factors are a no-brainer. Lots of organisations and individuals are pleading for a study to compare current autism rates between vaccinated and unvaccinated kids (there is no such data at present) but IMO this is not enough and such a study would confuse matters even further. I believe what is really needed is to compare severity rates with numbers of vaccines received, age of administration etc. Ideally comparing those results with the results from the recent Danish Cohort studies, the one that found immune markers in maternal blood (during pregnancy) and placenta, and then neonatal samples of kids who later developed autism to be very different to those who stayed healthy (no maternal infection). Early postnatal immune overactivation was found in the blood of those newborns, followed by signs of suppressed immune system few months later. It would have been EXTREMELY interesting if someone had thought to test those same immune/inflammatory markers and kids' behavioural/developmental outcomes in the weeks and months following each vaccination.

11. Ian

Ian Senior Member

http://www.theepochtimes.com/news/6-3-4/38899.html

See more popular forum discussions.