1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Model of how a Virus Works

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by greybeh, Nov 1, 2009.

1. greybeh

greybeh Guest

Of course, this is talking about an airborne virus, not something like XMRV (which the Whittemore Peterson Institute has clearly stated is NOT airborne).

I would think the cell processes would work similarly, but the method of entrance would just be different.

Here's a video animation with narration of how someone can become infected with a virus (in this case, again, an AIRBORNE virus):

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=114075029

OKAY, so can anyone tell me if the "big pink thing" is reverse transcriptase? I know nothing about viruses, but found this link fascinating and thought it might help spark discussion. Thanks, folks.
  2. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Reverse transcriptase is different since we'd be talking about a retrovirus in the case of XMRV.
    The guy just explained the mechanism of viruses. I would suspect the big pink thing is transcriptase.

Kati

See more popular forum discussions.