• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Moclobemide Lithium

undcvr

Stumbled onto Moclobimide and I am really happy I did. No side effects and the thing goes to work almost right away. I have to recommend it as well as Lithium which I have been taking for awhile now. It does not mean that I have stopped my bile detox regimen that is still
going on strong.

Interesting hypothesis about Zn. I think that at low doses it supports the immune function but at high doses it actually supports general enzyme body/metabolic processes along with the B vites.

Also I take lots of Iodine to counteract Li side effects but that is only a problem if u take Li at high doses.

undcvr

There are pple on cfs who when I recommend them to take cholagogues especially the strong ones they complain about pain in the liver abdomen region. This is a very bad sign. It means that the liver is so weak that it cannot even consider the idea of making more bile to remove toxins.

undcvr

First the question about Lithium: no I am not doing blood tests on it. It is a waste of time and my blood. I take 120mg of Lithium Orotate a day. I break that into half and take 1/2 in the am to sleep and 1/2 in the pm to sleep. This works out to a total of 4.6mg elemental a day. Think that I was once on 240mg of Lithium a day and went for a blood test and it showed up as 0.1. Therapeutic range of Lithium carbonate In The Blood is 1.0 BUT that is not where u want it to be. U want it to be in tissue so blood tests can be misleading too from that standpoint. If taking Lithium makes u too lethargic take about 1mg of Iodine too.

Altho u will get results from moclobemide n lithium or just lithium alone, the best would be to combine it w a liver detox regimen. As I hv mentioned on another post here b4 (cfs as a liver issue) u need to make bile and make ur liver remove toxins through it.
Jarrow Artichoke 500 is a good place to start, B vites esp P5P and Roasted Dandelion Root. The dandy maybe a little hard to find now since it was mentioned on the Dr Oz show and it sold out everywhere and the price has gone up. Dandelion is fucking crabgrass. It is a weed in your backyard! We shud not need to pay so much for it! Switch to roasted chicory root instead.

undcvr

Hi

I have seen a doctor and have been recommended Moclobimide.

I am interested to hear what aspects it has improved for you. I have read quite a few good things about it and am thinking about giving it a try.

undcvr

I've stopped taking it actually. It worked while it did but I am able to do well without it. I am still on the low dose Lithium

Lithium (orotate or carbonate) changes my fatigue from the subjective feeling of brain inflammation
to slight ethanol intoxication.

Considering it has more than one equally valid mechanism of action, I can't tell what's responsible for the response. It's GABAergic so that describes the drowsiness but I'm unsure where the limited benefits may come from. If it is indeed glutamate rate modulation, I think that would be a more valid target. I haven't looked at any studies for NMDA/Glutamate in CFS, I'll try to remember this.

undcvr

i know that Lithium is associated with some thyroid down regulation had hi to very hi doses. I take about 1-2mg a day of Iodine along with the Li to get around this. Sry but 'slight ethanol intoxication' actually sounds kind of fun, I mean if u r not driving of course, and this lasts the whole day ???