• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mitochondrial Myopathy - high dose B1&B2

CCC

We've done large amounts of B2, divided into 25mg doses. It made a huge difference. 25 mg is all the body can absorb at a time.

B1 just causes a bit of overdrive for my son. The amount in 1 tablet a day of the Jarrow B-Right is enough for him. My sister gets edema with too much B1. I need B1 - which goes to show we're all different. It also shows why I love my vegemite more than anyone else in my family :D.

B2 is great in that you excrete any excess. This means that if you limit the intake to 25mg at a time, and your urine doesn't change colour within about an hour, then you need it. It took my son weeks of supplementation to excrete any excess. He was, at the peak, probably on 200mg a day (divided doses).