Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mitochondrial and Energy Metabolism Dysfunction in ME/CFS — Myhill, Booth and McLaren-Howard Papers

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Hip, Oct 21, 2016.

1. debored13

debored13 Senior Member

Vermont, school in Western MA
    I have also been wondering about triheptanoin. One of the things it's given for is pyruvate decarboxylate deficiency. However, the deficiency in ME/CFS is a pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency. I actually mixed these two up and got overly excited thinking that triheptanoin would be a cure. However, if it's safe, i'll probably try it anyway, as I plan on trying anything that can affect the kreb's cycle and is shown to be reasonably safe. e.g. no injecting atp lol ...

pattismith, Murph and echobravo like this.
  2. debored13

debored13 Senior Member

oh wait... but pyruvate decarboyxlase could be relevant, since it is involved in converting pyruvate to oxoloacetic acid. better put my thinking cap on.

3. debored13

debored13 Senior Member

4. Hip

Hip Senior Member

I looked at triheptanoin, but unfortunately it's difficult to get hold of: see this post.

5. debored13

debored13 Senior Member

6. debored13

debored13 Senior Member

the person who recommended this to me worked for the glut 1 foundation at some point. may be able to get me some triheptanoin. I would want to use food grade i guess, it is used in cosmetics

See more popular forum discussions.