The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mitochondria supplements......?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Sporty, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

My doctor quoted me $805 a couple of weeks ago. It was 700 last year, but I wanted to get the liver and thyroid problems resolved first. :(

2. Sporty

Sporty Senior Member

Essex, UK
    ...and what do you get for this test?! It's a fortune!

3. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

Uhm, I'm not exactly sure what all you get. It is a nutritional analysis. Information about the Krebs cycle is one thing that comes from it.

Our highly esteemed Dr. Rich liked it and my dr. recommended it, so I am getting it.

Speaking of Dr. Rich, he wrote an evaluation guide for this test. Was this just for people who were ordering it without a dr. or does it need to be evaluated differently for people with M.E. than for other people? In other words, can I trust my dr.'s evaluation of it?

4. pamojja

pamojja Senior Member

Austria
    Some years ago I always suffered angina-like chest-pain with any from of stress (mental or physical). Starting with comprehensive supplementation I realized that above 160 mg of CoQ these chest pain never occurred. However, one bad side-effect of this effective symptom-management was, that whenever I dropped below this dose of CoQ10 chest-pains recurred, now even without stress.

Experimenting with Ubiquinol, the more expensive version, does have the same effect at half that dose. PQQ didn't do anything recognizable.

ukxmrv likes this.
  5. keenly

keenly Senior Member

UK
    Where is this available?
    cheers.

6. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    I'm not sure exactly where the UK people or Europeans got their NutrEval tests, but I got mine from an online direct to consumer lab testing website. You may also be able to get it from a functional medicine or holistic type practitioner.

The NutrEval test is from Genova Diagnostics. Here is a link:
    https://www.gdx.net/product/nutreval-fmv-nutritional-test-blood-urine

I noticed there is a Region tab in the upper right that mentions the UK and Europe - probably a good place to start.

See more popular forum discussions.