1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Misleading research on vitamins; Cynthia Mulrow one of the authors

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Snowdrop, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member

Toronto
    http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=1789253&resultClick=24

while the research is about vitamins used to prevent chronic illness to me the misleading part is how we can all be healthy by just eating enough fruits and veggies. :rolleyes:
    I would be interested to know how the research was designed and what type of vitamins were used in what amount etc.
    They did at least three studies.

2. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

Oh, you haven't gotten the message yet? Vitamins in fruit and vegetables are essential for good health, but vitamins in supplements don't work and are harmful, so stop buying them (please).

3. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member

Toronto
    PennyIA and Valentijn like this.
  4. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    And never mind that a large chunk of the population produces inadequate levels of folate, or require additional B12 to produce sufficient levels of methionine. Or that vegans absolutely need to supplement vitamins, and likely some minerals as well.

Snowdrop likes this.
  5. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    And thanks to monoculture, our soils are depleted and the foods actually have fewer vitamins and minerals naturally than at any other time.

Ren and Snowdrop like this.
  6. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member

Toronto
    Yes. I sometimes wonder if there is any research happening along the lines of what nutritional value there is in current food yields.

7. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Yes, there is some research but not enough!

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=soil-depletion-and-nutrition-loss

Iquitos and Snowdrop like this.
  8. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member

Toronto

See more popular forum discussions.