The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Miracle Easter Sunday

Discussion in 'Spirituality and ME/CFS' started by AnnaDove, Apr 6, 2015.

1. AnnaDove

AnnaDove

Metro Atlanta, Ga
    Yesterday, though 'normal' for most people was a miracle for me. My sleep has been terrible since recovering from my 2nd bout of mono in 10 months. I have 14 supplements lined up on my night stand to rotate and try for sleep. I wanted so much to attend the Easter service with my son and his family and prayed for a miracle but I was still not asleep at 1AM. Finally I dropped off and woke again about 4:00 for the bathroom trip, took more supplements but could not go back to sleep.

I was very upset and was talking to the Lord. I lay there wanting to cry. Bear in mind, in order to even think I might be able to go, I had to start the day before getting ready, paying attention to every detail that I could do ahead of time from shampooing my hair and laying out clothes to arranging my morning and lunch supplements in exact order for the day. I was exhausted at the end of the day. (I am on Freddd's B12 Protocol) So I finally let go and resigned that I would not be able to go then eventually went to sleep.

Then the alarm went off and I got up. I thought,"I'll try." Prepared and ate breakfast. I have to cook from scratch being allergic to 35 + foods. It was 54 degrees out and no heat in my 20 yr old car so I wore an extra layer under my top and took it off in the parking lot. I made it inside and my son had saved me a seat. It was a wonderful uplifting service. I sat when others stood, just listened and watched and mouthed the words of praise feeling my brain going in and out. That was ok. I had my Easter miracle. This is my first time posting. I've had CFS/ME for 40yrs. AnnaDove

xchocoholic, brenda, xrunner and 18 others like this.
  2. MCRobbie

MCRobbie Senior Member

Congratulations for your truly remarkable day Anna.

3. AnnaDove

AnnaDove

Metro Atlanta, Ga
    Thanks @MCRobbie, only you all would understand. Blessings, AnnaDove

MCRobbie likes this.
  4. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    Anna, so glad you made it out and enjoyed it. It's something to keep you going. So happy for you. Your story sounds like mine. I always lay my clothes out the night before and get everything ready in case I am brain dead the next day. I, too, made it to my friends for Easter and can I just say there is seriously nothing better than HAM!!! Ham is one of the best foods on the planet. Chocolate is pretty high up there, too.

MCRobbie and AndyPandy like this.
  5. AnnaDove

AnnaDove

Metro Atlanta, Ga
    @Misfit Toy , Interesting you should speak of ham as I am sitting here at 5:30AM (middle of my night) eating a piece of country ham. Glad you also had a good Easter.

Misfit Toy likes this.
  6. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Aww that touched my heart @AnnaDove so glad you got there. If anyone could see the prep that goes into such a simple act that healthy people take for granted!!!

I too so wanted to go to an Eater service but didn't, Christmas 2013 I did this I and ended up in bed for 2 weeks afterwards. Most of the churches here in the UK have major mould issues, so I guessed that was what did it. Didn't stop me thinking over Easter though and felt more spiritual. Well done:)

xrunner likes this.
  7. PNR2008

PNR2008 Senior Member

OH USA
    I miss going to church also, used to sing in the choir as a child and before I got sick. Now the perfumes, fans and crowds make me very ill and with POTS fainting is always a chance.

The rituals are comforting to me plus marking the holidays and holy days is a tradition that is lost with this illness. No matter what one feels about organized religion if you had a good experience with church growing up, feelings of loss at being unable to attend sometimes really hurts.

maryb likes this.
  8. rebar

rebar Senior Member

I had been very involved in my church but had to stop attending for over two years, it was another loss is my life.
    I'm a little better and attend most Sundays. I had prayed to return, and gradually I made my way back.
    For many of us our spiritual disciplines are the difference between life and despair.
    Church may be important for some, but the spiritual exercises we do alone are more so.

maryb likes this.
  9. AnnaDove

AnnaDove

Metro Atlanta, Ga
    Thanks @maryb , I understand the issue of mold. I fight that every winter. In fact, it's in my allergy shots to help with my asthma.

10. AnnaDove

AnnaDove

Metro Atlanta, Ga
    @PNR2008, Yes it does hurt. This was my first attendance since last Easter.

11. AnnaDove

AnnaDove

Metro Atlanta, Ga
    @rebar, I first lost the morning service, then a year and a half ago I lost the evening one as well. There was no real contact from the members, out of sight out of mind. I thought, how shall I ever live without any fellowship? Interestingly, I have drawn closer to the Lord during this time. I have church right in this home and I feel His presence most days. He has said, " I will never leave you or forsake you"

xchocoholic, brenda, xrunner and 2 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.