• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Miracle Easter Sunday

Yesterday, though 'normal' for most people was a miracle for me. My sleep has been terrible since recovering from my 2nd bout of mono in 10 months. I have 14 supplements lined up on my night stand to rotate and try for sleep. I wanted so much to attend the Easter service with my son and his family and prayed for a miracle but I was still not asleep at 1AM. Finally I dropped off and woke again about 4:00 for the bathroom trip, took more supplements but could not go back to sleep.

I was very upset and was talking to the Lord. I lay there wanting to cry. Bear in mind, in order to even think I might be able to go, I had to start the day before getting ready, paying attention to every detail that I could do ahead of time from shampooing my hair and laying out clothes to arranging my morning and lunch supplements in exact order for the day. I was exhausted at the end of the day. (I am on Freddd's B12 Protocol) So I finally let go and resigned that I would not be able to go then eventually went to sleep.

Then the alarm went off and I got up. I thought,"I'll try." Prepared and ate breakfast. I have to cook from scratch being allergic to 35 + foods. It was 54 degrees out and no heat in my 20 yr old car so I wore an extra layer under my top and took it off in the parking lot. I made it inside and my son had saved me a seat. It was a wonderful uplifting service. I sat when others stood, just listened and watched and mouthed the words of praise feeling my brain going in and out. That was ok. I had my Easter miracle. This is my first time posting. I've had CFS/ME for 40yrs. AnnaDove

Misfit Toy

Anna, so glad you made it out and enjoyed it. It's something to keep you going. So happy for you. Your story sounds like mine. I always lay my clothes out the night before and get everything ready in case I am brain dead the next day. I, too, made it to my friends for Easter and can I just say there is seriously nothing better than HAM!!! Ham is one of the best foods on the planet. Chocolate is pretty high up there, too.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Aww that touched my heart @AnnaDove so glad you got there. If anyone could see the prep that goes into such a simple act that healthy people take for granted!!!

I too so wanted to go to an Eater service but didn't, Christmas 2013 I did this I and ended up in bed for 2 weeks afterwards. Most of the churches here in the UK have major mould issues, so I guessed that was what did it. Didn't stop me thinking over Easter though and felt more spiritual. Well done:)

PNR2008

I miss going to church also, used to sing in the choir as a child and before I got sick. Now the perfumes, fans and crowds make me very ill and with POTS fainting is always a chance.

The rituals are comforting to me plus marking the holidays and holy days is a tradition that is lost with this illness. No matter what one feels about organized religion if you had a good experience with church growing up, feelings of loss at being unable to attend sometimes really hurts.

rebar

I had been very involved in my church but had to stop attending for over two years, it was another loss is my life.
I'm a little better and attend most Sundays. I had prayed to return, and gradually I made my way back.
For many of us our spiritual disciplines are the difference between life and despair.
Church may be important for some, but the spiritual exercises we do alone are more so.

@rebar, I first lost the morning service, then a year and a half ago I lost the evening one as well. There was no real contact from the members, out of sight out of mind. I thought, how shall I ever live without any fellowship? Interestingly, I have drawn closer to the Lord during this time. I have church right in this home and I feel His presence most days. He has said, " I will never leave you or forsake you"