1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Minneapolis/Twin Cities area - anyone with a recommendation for this area?

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by cherlyn, Mar 22, 2011.

1. cherlyn

cherlyn

We are new to the area and I would sincerely appreciate feedback from anyone who can recommend a physician in this area who has some knowledge and understanding of CFS/POTS, even if it is just someone you have heard of from others - MD, ANP, PA-C, naturopath, etc.

Thank you!
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Cherlyn,

Check out Dr. Karen Vrchota--http://www.karenvrchota.com/

She is knowledgeable and understands CFS very well, but like so many good doctors what she prescribes for you may or may not help. She is thorough and dedicated.

Best wishes,
    Sushi
  3. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    I would imagine that you have seen this site: http://www.co-cure.org/Good-Doc.htm ? Only 1 in MN, but perhaps you could travel, not sure of geography. Also perhaps you can check out the ACAM website? Hopefully people chime in to help you out!
  4. floydguy

floydguy Senior Member

Check out the Patient Advocate. His CFS daughter lives in Minneapolis and might have some suggestions on his blog.
  5. hubcap_halo

hubcap_halo

Washington, DC
    I second the Dr. Karen Vrchota recommendation. She is wonderful. Top shelf. Knows what every other doc is up to and takes the best from all. Super kind.

See more popular forum discussions.