Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mindy Kitei: Play it again, and again and again

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Ember, May 18, 2012.

1. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Thursday, May 17, 2012

http://www.cfscentral.com/

San Antonio news segment: http://www.khou.com/news/health/San-Antonio-teens-catching-mysterious-illness-151546105.html

2. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    POTS thou it is common in ME... is also actually not that uncommon in a teen group who develop POTS and only do have POTS. (it seems to be the most common age group to develop non ME POTS).
    There has been quite a bit of research done on non ME teens who have only POTS (this patient group who develop POTS as teens, also often recovers from the POTS too in time).

Those symptoms can actually be just POTS symptoms (people who only have POTS due to the various symptoms that can give due to the autonomic dysfunction and low blood volume etc in that illness, can easily be wrongly diagnosed with ME/CFS!!)..
    thou I do think it sounds more likely they have ME (along with maybe having POTS) seeing it is an outbreak situation.

This kids probably dont have CFS but rather have ME. (seizure like incidents are common in ME) and glad if the authorities there arent thinking these kids as having CFS.

3. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Play it again and again - how long do we have to reinvent the wheel. ME/CFS has been around an awful long time (and pathology findings).

4. Desdinova

Desdinova Senior Member

USA
    Would anything good come of it if they did?

Yep she should be careful if she does go or she may really need help.
    Can't help but remembering how Marc Iverson founder of the CFIDS Association of America was quoted as saying In Oslers Web that the only thing he received from going to the Mayo Clinic was of Wallet-ectomy.

See more popular forum discussions.