The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Minding my pqq's ;)

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Kes, May 26, 2017.

1. Kes

Kes

Hi guys, was just wondering if anyone has tried the supplement pqq, please? Brands and dosages and how long you took it and with what would be helpful to know.
    I understand it makes new mitochondria but it doesn't seem to get mentioned much alongside other mitochondrial supplements, which I've generally tried. I wondered if it could be a slow burner that takes a while to have a noticeable effect.
    Looking for something to help with brain fog and improve mental energy?

2. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

Kes likes this.
  3. Kes

Kes

4. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    PatJ and Kes like this.
  5. Kes

Kes

6. PatJ

PatJ far and free I gaze

Canada
    I tried Jarrow BioPQQ and noticed some benefit in energy and cognition but had to stop taking it after a month due to headaches in the area of my brain stem. Headache is a common side effect with PQQ. I tried it again after a month and found that it worsened energy and thinking instead of improving them.

Little Bluestem, MEMum and Kes like this.
  7. Kes

Kes

Thanks for sharing your experience of pqq @PatJ . I just wanted to say to anyone who may get the idea to try pqq as a result of reading this thread, (not that there's been much to encourage you :)) to do some research first. I read somewhere it depletes your glutathione for example. (Sorry for lack of source)

MEMum and PatJ like this.

See more popular forum discussions.