• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mild chemical sensitivity - what to do?

Fogbuster

I think I have sensitivities to mold or dust as always have one or both nostrils clogged whilst in bed. Get asthma symptoms when I smoke a cigarette and got pretty intense brain fog when my niece sat next to me with her peroxide coloured hair within about 3 mins. So no severe symptoms but enough to be irritating and stop healing progress.

I have been trying to treat leaky gut, SIBO and yeast issues with absolutely no results and I think I need to address toxicity issues first before I can make any progress.

What are the first steps to take?

I'm going to buy a far infrared sauna. Not going to do colonic irrigation which is unbelievably dangerous, don't want to spend loads on "colon cleanser" rubbish, although might try a coffee enema..so yeah if anyone has any experience and previous success doing certain things I'd love to know!!

Thanks
Jamie

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
This is not a cure but I was told by an Environmental doctor to drink 1/4 tsp baking soda in 4 oz of water after an exposure. It really helps a lot. You can also use Alka Seltzer Gold.

I kept a bottle with me if I knew I was
Going to be someplace where I had a problem

Plum

Improve liver detox with herbs - I like NOW Liver Detoxifier and Regenerator

Colon - try magnesium supplements, slippery elm and psyllium to help clean out the pipes.

Bentonite clay was recommended to me but it doesn't work for me!

Juicing - organic veges.

Activated charcoal does me a few favours!