• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mikovitz XMRV Seminar in Norway

beesknees

XMRV/MLV seminar with Dr. Judy Mikovits, 28th of November, 2010, Oslo, Norway
You are kindly invited to an XMRV/MLV seminar to be held on the 28th of November, 2010 in Oslo, Norway. Come and hear the newest information about this interesting family of viruses. The speakers will be: Dr Judy Mikovits, Research Director for the Whittemore Peterson Institute (WPI) for Neuro-Immune Disease, Nevada, USA Dr Mette Johnsgaard, Medical Director of Lillestrom Helseklinikk - Center for the Treatment of Chronic Diseases, Lillestrom, Norway.

You are kindly invited to an XMRV/MLV seminar to be held on the 28th of November, 2010 in Oslo, Norway. Come and hear the newest information about this interesting family of viruses.

The speakers will be:

Dr Judy Mikovits, Research Director for the Whittemore Peterson Institute (WPI) for Neuro-Immune Disease, Nevada, USA

Dr Mette Johnsgaard, Medical Director of Lillestrom Helseklinikk - Center for the Treatment of Chronic Diseases, Lillestrom, Norway.

In the final hour of the seminar, there will be an extended question/discussion round. Panel: Dr. Mikovits, Prof. Dr. Saugstad and Dr Johnsgaard. Moderator: Prof. Dr. Ola Saugstad, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet

The seminar will be held in English and is open to all types of healthcare professionals, as well as the public. Patients, please invite your doctor, nurse or other healthcare providers. Politicians and journalists are also very welcome.

The program:

14:30 - 15:00 Registration, coffee/tea

15:00 - 15:15 Ms. Bieke Verleys, ESME: The importance of the XMRV story in general and why research is important for patients

15:15 - 16:15 Dr. Judy Mikovits: XMRV and other MLVs in ME/CFS: Latest update on testing, results, treatments and research

16:15 16:45 Coffee break

16:45 - 17:30 Dr. Mette Johnsgaard: Norwegian situation: testing, results, treatment and research

17:30 - 17:40 Break: Questions for the panel should be delivered in writing to Prof. Dr. Saugstad during this time.

17:40 - 19:00 Question/discussion round: Dr. Mikovits, Dr. Johnsgaard, Prof. Dr. Saugstad,

Place: OlavsGrd Quality Hotel, Hvamstubben 11, 2013 Skjetten, Norway

Rafael

XMRV+ Member
I thought I saw something about this on PR somewhere before - but now I can't find it.
Thanks for posting.
Hope we have some Norwegian spies who will summarize things - perhaps in English

Rita

For me, this is the most important:
15:15 - 16:15 Dr. Judy Mikovits: “XMRV and other MLV’s in ME/CFS: Latest update on testing, results, treatments and research”

New or old treatments is that we all need.

Rita

This is in Gothenburg,few days later:

INVITATION
Welcome to a seminar
with news, facts and
research for all those
involved with ME/CFS!

Dalheimers House, Thursday, 2
December 2010

Is the mystery solved? Can we finally start
to breathe again? Causes murine retrovirus,
such as XMRV-virus, virus or other closely
related MLV virus, ME/CFS?

What is the presumed relationship between
murine retroviruses and certain types of
cancer out?

How should the authorities take action
when of blood donors and potential risks
that may arise with these newly discovered
viruses?

And finally, researchers can now discern
new treatment strategies?

If you or someone around you, have
ME/CFS - so is this year's absolute
"must-go-to-lecture"!

Judy Mikovits, one of the world's leading
ME/CFS researchers, will to us immediately
after his lecture on Physicians.

In addition, Mr Jonas Blomberg and
Barbara Baumgarten at the seminar.

The lectures are in Swedish, Norwegian and
English.

Organised by the patient association RME
West and is open to public.

Welcome!

Time:

Thursday, 2 December 2010. 14:00
to 16:45.

Dalheimerssalen, Castle
Skogsgatan 12, Gothenburg

Programs

14:00 to 14:10

Introduction.
Chairman of the RME West presents the
association.

14:10 to 14:35

"A virological introduction to murine
retrovirus."

Prof. Jonas Blomberg, Uppsala University.
Jonas Blomberg, who works with Clinical
Virology, has investigated the possible
existence of XMRV virus in Sweden. How far
has research? "

14:35 to 15:00:

A treatment model for ME/CFS patients
at Oslo University and " XMRV research
in Norway."

Dr Barbara Baumgarten is responsible for
the running of the relatively newly opened
ME/CFS Center at Oslo university, UllevDl.

She talks about work on clinic, the ME/CFS
patients' situation in Norway and the
experiences and planned response to the
current debate viruses

3:00 p.m. to 15:20

Break with light refreshments

15:20 to 16:05

"HMRV (Human MLV-Related Virus) in
ME/CFS and cancer."

PhD Judy Mikovits, Director of Research,
WPI - Whittemore Peterson Institute;
Nevada, USA.

Judy Mikovits belongs to the research team
at WPI has found the probable link
between XMRV and ME / CFS. She has also
worked at the National Cancer Institute for
over 20 years and done research on cell
biology, molecular biology and virology.

16:05 to 16:15

Short break

16:15 to 16:45

Discussion. The opportunity to ask
questions in Swedish.

````

eric_s

Wow... Dr. Blomberg and Dr. Mikovits in the same seminar. That's very interesting. He's the guy who presented at the 1st Int'l XMRV workshop and could not find XMRV in Sweden, right? I hope they talk a lot. Would be great if she could tell him how to find it and he does new tests.

It will be interesting to hear what Judy Mikovits says about testing, results, treatments and results. Can't wait.

shannah

Dr Mikovits and Dr Johnsgaard's Seminars: patient notes from Olavsgaard.
by XMRV Global Action on Monday, November 29, 2010 at 7:53am.

Here are multiple summaries of Dr Mikovits and Dr Johnsgaard's Seminars in Olavsgaard. Nov 29, 2010. With kind thanks to SerendipityCat, Rutt, and Lothiane for generously sharing your impressions with us. Here are the Google English translations:

SerendipityCat: http://translate.google.com/transla...&tl=en&u=http://www.serendipitycat.no/?p=5021

Rutt: http://translate.googleusercontent....le.com&usg=ALkJrhi6uZsM5oZ_QNqvRm56bdq5U1TVPw

Lothiane: http://translate.googleusercontent....le.com&usg=ALkJrhi-G6LvHVUwsczaFX6jONjybasZfg

M.S.

shannah

I found a couple of interesting things in these notes. Especially of importance to those of us who have used artesunate (and probably that whole class of artemesia) products. This one is from the second link posted.

"What do you think of artesunate? It has a wide range of antiviral, so it can take a lot of co-infections and has been used by HIV. Mikovits also says that after the use of artesunate is more difficult to find XMRV. "

Rita

Ohhh, thanks for the patient notes and for the translation.Its very interesting, even though Mikovits don t said a word about treatments.One day she did ,and she received a lot of recriminations from clinicians.She only is a reseacher..but she is our keen

shannah

Happy to be able to contribute in some small way. Happened to be at the right place at the right time when I spotted them.

beesknees

I found a couple of interesting things in these notes. Especially of importance to those of us who have used artesunate (and probably that whole class of artemesia) products. This one is from the second link posted.

"What do you think of artesunate? It has a wide range of antiviral, so it can take a lot of co-infections and has been used by HIV. Mikovits also says that after the use of artesunate is more difficult to find XMRV. "

Interesting. I took artemesia years ago. I'd hate to have trouble testing postitive for XMRV because I took it. Is it just taking it right before you get tested. Does anyone know?

Rooney

I tried an artesunate from Hong Kong per Dr. Cheney's advice. That was about two years ago. Even the smallest amount gave sharp gut pain. Perhaps it was the particular source. Alternatively, I purchased iherb's artemesia and swished it it the mouth a few times a week. I stopped after no perceived benefit (who knows with us).

I'd use artesunate as folks on PR have recently suggested, if I were able.