1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Chronic Fatigue Initiative and Interview with Mady Hornig
In a follow-up article to the recent IACFS/ME conference presentation in San Francisco, and after speaking at length with Dr. Mady Hornig, 'searcher' delves deeper into the impressive work being completed by the Chronic Fatigue Initiative, and focuses in on those cytokine results ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mikovits won battle against Coffin

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by RustyJ, Sep 25, 2011.

1. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Brisbane, Aust
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/xmrv...ttle-against-coffin-in-canada/224958530895506
    WillowJ likes this.
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
  3. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Brisbane, Aust
    Yeah, I was pretty deflated by the BWG, not that it was unexpected. I still find it hard to believe scientists will put ego before patients.

This is a bit of a pick-me-up. I believe the outing of VP62 thing cleared the air for things to go forward. I am still skeptical about Lipkin, but his more recent comments seem to suggest he genuinely thinks there is something in what Mikovits is doing.
  4. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Hooooray for Dr Mikovits.
  5. Boule de feu

Boule de feu Senior Member

Ottawa, Canada
    At the conference, Annette was firmly convinced that her team would get to the bottom of this. She kept repeating that whatever it is, they will figure it out. It gave me a boost to keep going.
  6. Gamboa

Gamboa Senior Member

Canada
    I talked to Dr. Mikovits and thanked her for all she is doing for us. We talked about what a bad few months it has been for her but she said she had a positive and welcoming experience at the conference. Many of the other doctors and researchers, as well as patients, supported her and were interested in chatting to her. At least she was in an environment that overall supports her work rather than at a retro-viral conference surrounded by Dr. Coffins!
  7. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

damn i should have gone to the conference. this post made my day. thanks :)
  8. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Thanks Gamboa!

Do you remember what Dr Coffin used as his arguments that day?
  9. markmc20001

markmc20001 Guest

:D

ear to ear grin.

Sounds like people are figuring out the media's illusionary opinion doesn't matter, it's the science and the ones honestly studying it that do!

WooT WooT! That is great news!

See more popular forum discussions.