1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mikovits to publish book

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Battery Muncher, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Battery Muncher

Battery Muncher Senior Member

From the co-author (ghost writer?): http://www.ageofautism.com/2014/03/...search-for-the-truth-about-retroviruses-.html

See also the report from 'Retractionwatch': http://retractionwatch.com/2014/03/...-who-championed-link-to-xmrv-to-publish-book/

2. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
  3. Bob

Bob

South of England
    It could be interesting to read things from Judy's point of view.
    I wonder how much scientific detail is included in the book.

4. Gamboa

Gamboa Senior Member

Canada
    Interesting. I'll definitely get a copy.

5. Wally

Wally Senior Member

I just received an e-mail notice from an independent bookseller (in the S.F. Bay Area) where I have purchased books in the past stating that they will have a book signing for the Plague on November 22nd. Here is the announcement for the book signing.

http://www.rakestrawbooks.com/upcoming-events

"Local attorney turned science teacher, Kent Heckenlively visits on Saturday, 22 November 2014 at 3:30 PM to sign his new book, Plague: One Scientist's Intrepid Search for the Truth about Human Retroviruses and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (Me/Cfs), Autism, and Other Diseases."

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
    beaker and Countrygirl like this.
  6. RL_sparky

RL_sparky

California
    I just received my book, a few days ago. I'm only 1/3 of the way into it but it's excellent so far.

NK17 likes this.
  7. JT1024

JT1024 Senior Member

Massachusetts
    I am reading the book now and enjoying it. I'm on page 292.

Worth every penny.

8. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years First Do No Harm

USA
  9. beaker

beaker CFS/ME 1986

USA
    If a reader(s) of the book could post some summaries or key points ( don't want to infringe on copyrights) that would be appreciated. My cognitive stuff keeps me from reading more then little blurbs. Even those can be challenges. I used to buy all the books anyways, but I have a stack sitting here and it's time to let go of that for now.

Thank you .

ukxmrv likes this.
  10. JT1024

JT1024 Senior Member

Massachusetts
    I finished the book and found it fascinating. The amount of information in the book is staggering.

People can read the book themselves and come to their own conclusions.

RL_sparky, ukxmrv and Sushi like this.
  11. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
    I'm reading it slowly. Harvey Whittemore does not come across as a nice chap.

12. Hate ME/CFS

Hate ME/CFS *****

Sacramento, California
    No, he's not, and equally disturbing is how he convinced a judge to illegally jail and innocent scientist. Greed, money and corruption doesn't have to play by the rules. The real criminal is in jail.

See more popular forum discussions.