The End ME/CFS Project: History Taking Root
The history books record that in the nineteenth century Louis Pasteur formulated a “germ theory” of microbes as the causative agents of disease, and thus revolutionized medicine. His findings, along with his contemporary, John Snow (who linked cholera to infected water supply),...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mikovits seminar at Cornell Friday, Feb. 5, 2010

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Advocate, Jan 29, 2010.

1. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Scroll back CG, Advocate announced that the lecture is NOT open to the public a few posts before yours.

2. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    QUOTE]
    Thanks, Kim. I did...I'm just being an optimist! Someone might just know.....okay.......so nobody does. :tear: I'll put my optimism to bed.

3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

It's the unpublished data I want to know about!!

Anyone going to slip on a white-coat and sneak in for us? A bugging opperation?

4. parvofighter

parvofighter Senior Member

Canada
    Oh Puhleez

I'm still in this crash, feeling brutal, but would feel worse if I didn't say something. Esther, what the SAM HILL were you thinking by writing something so inflammatory?:confused: Let me get this straight:

1. We've been advised that the Cornell Mikovits talk is a private one, in which Dr Mikovits can openly discuss potentially unpublished XMRV materials. Private, so they can accelerate the science forward without premature disclosures.
    2. We're well aware that many people view these pages, and members of the public (i.e. us) have been discreetly asked to please not attend the Cornell talk, to allow science to progress. Surely you realize that scientific synergy is good for this patient community?
    3. You openly - no blatantly - post the following:
    Esther, shame on you for being so inflammatory. It is immaterial whether your post was a tasteless joke, an intentional goading of XMRV researchers, or just a male blonde moment. Your post gives all of us patients a bad name. Please shake your head. Consider that your post comes across as a bizarre, tasteless, and unprofessional "call to arms". And show a little insight and restraint. The last thing patients want to do is to alienate the very researchers who are pulling us out of the dark ages.

Posting inflammatory and public comments on this forum that transparently encourage patients to flout the explicit, and very reasonable requests of the researchers that are most helping us patients is beyond bizarre -it's destructive. After all, you want CFS patients to get quality, evidence-based diagnostics and care. Don't you?:thumbsup:

5. calzy

calzy Senior Member

Naples Florida
    I recognize this as a crash (above) and hoping that you find relief soon...we've all been there.:worried:

6. kurt

kurt Senior Member

USA.Earth
    Esther,
    What you are suggesting would be against the rules of that presentation (and not very ethical) and any reports like that on this forum would have to be deleted.

Parvofighter,
    The comment of Esther does not justify a personal attack. Please just comment on the problem and do not berate a person making a comment like that.

Also, a personal opinion, I disagree about Esther's comment being inflammatory, it was maybe ill considered, that's all.

7. Lily

Lily *Believe*

Oh dear - When I read those earlier I thought Esther and Parvofighter were both kidding.......was I really that far off??? Seriously???? :confused::ashamed:

8. usedtobeperkytina

usedtobeperkytina Senior Member

Clay, Alabama
    inquiring minds want to know.

Me thinks thou doth protest too much.

Just relax.

Tina

9. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

I was certainly kidding!

I thought parvofighter was satirising my comments from another thread too (and doing a rather good job of it).

I wasn't really encouraging CFS patients to set up a spy ring!

See more popular forum discussions.