1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mikovits responds to Singh Study

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by dannybex, May 6, 2011.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    if WPI played it alot safer, they (whoever gives out research grants) could have rolled her alot easier like Defreitus.
  2. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    I agree it does seem extreme... I looked up retractions...they do occur from time to time - but why not just let the story play itself out?
  3. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    But, but heapsreal -- the WPI hasn't gotten any XMRV grants; something is not working..Actually there haven't been alot of XMRV grants anyway - that's true...just a handful I think; most researchers have found money somewhere. THe NCI, for instance, has dumped a boatload of money on XMRV without disbursing any or many grants.
  4. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Hi Cort, the immune abnormalities paper is part funded by NIH, so the WPI got at least some money. Check the acknowledgements:

National Institutes of Health,
    Grant RO1A1078234, and private funding by the Whittemore
    Family Foundation supported these studies.

Bye
    Alex
  5. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Actually that grant was for immune abnormalities in CFS and not for XMRV. It does however mention 'novel viral infections in CFS' which certainly can apply to XMRV. It started in 2009 - they may have applied for it well before XMRV showed up...Its supposed to go through 2014...so we should be hearing more over time.

6. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Actually that grant was for immune abnormalities in CFS and not for XMRV. It does however mention 'novel viral infections in CFS' which certainly can apply to XMRV. It started in 2009 - they may have applied for it well before XMRV showed up...Its supposed to go through 2014...so we should be hearing more over time.

See more popular forum discussions.