1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mikovits interview states the FDA will confirm WPI findings in a Sept publication

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Stone, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Dr. Yes

Dr. Yes Shame on You

Apparently a lot has happened since 1992...

Yeah, recombination/pseudotyping can screw up cladistic analyses of retroviruses in particular. Not only XMRV but just about all MLVs seem quite capable of swapping DNA, so the entire "MLV-related virus" population could make for a very weird-looking family tree if the implications of the recent NCI/ WPI work and the Alter study are any indication. It will at least help to have complete viral genomes; just looking at sections of the gag gene won't be enough.

See more popular forum discussions.