1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mikovits: Direct evidence of Human gamma retrovirus infection in M.E. shown clearly b

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by RustyJ, Oct 12, 2011.

1. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Brisbane, Aust
    http://niceguidelines.blogspot.com/2011/10/direct-evidence-of-human-gamma.html?forumid=331851
    santi, Wonko and Enid like this.
  2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    She's a marvel ! - thanks for this Rusty.
  3. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Well I suppose we would all like to see Mikovits publish a paper on that at some point. I am intrigued where she is carrying out these 'serology studies' though Rusty, and if indeed there is any research she is conducting at the moment.

I did hear/read that she had found or was seeking employment in Canada. Have you heard anything? And then there is the latest statement from her about taking that NIH grant with her as is her right apparently, as well as asking people to give her their samples and not leave them with the WPI or something? Sounds like a 'call to arms' to me but maybe I am reading all this wrong...

Someone needs to get a grip with it all that's for sure.
    barbc56 likes this.
  4. Deatheye

Deatheye Senior Member

Someone wrote that it's not sure if the grant is to mikovits or the wpi. Sadly INeither remember wjere i've read that.
    But devinitly nice to see this. Ireally hope she gets to publish such stuff soon. She sad for a long time that she is talking about a family and not only vp62. It always confused me how it came from xmrv as a family to xmrv as vp62...
  5. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    I'm pleased to see Judy doing more with the serological research, because the anti-body results could potentially be used as a biomarker for ME even if HGRV's ultimately prove not to be involved.
  6. currer

currer Senior Member

TThe research on HGRVs is at an early stage. Only further research can clarify these findings.
    This is why it is so wrong to call for "retraction" and to denigrate this work.
  7. redo

redo Senior Member

If this is true, than it's great news. Here's what HIV looks like in an electron microscope:

[​IMG]

Doing electron microscopy is really difficult, and it's in many ways not an exact science (often a pathogen can present itself in many "shapes and sizes"), but if this will end up with replication studies somewhere down the line, than I hope we wont get a new situation with ad hominems against authors with negative studies. It will lead to no good, and I think the community (or rather small fractions of the community) has something to learn from the second paragraph here. It might very well be that the poster (ecoclimber) used too strong words to describe the climate amongst the scientists, but I think there are some very valid points none the less.
  8. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    We need everyone to follow all the avenues - in discovery and understanding of ME - hat's off to them all.

(Not very nice the HIV under a microscope redo - but on the way to understanding now whatever these so and so's look like).
  9. Bob

Bob

England, UK
  10. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    No doubts personally Bob - it's a retroviral (whatever the eventual name in the complexities of virology) which reduces immune function and allows expression of a wide range of latent viruses.

(That I think is the Mikovits way and with which I much agree - some viral pathogen sets in motion to allow the rest - what is it that strikes the immune system so profoundly in the first place - retroviruses being found and treated with success it seems)
  11. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

mikovits in canada???? woah. never heard that

See more popular forum discussions.