Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Migraine variant with CFS symptoms

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Nemesis, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Nemesis

Nemesis

I have migraine variant and it cause like symptoms of CFS / ME and pots

I have :
    heat intolerance
    Orthostatic intolerance
    Exercises intolerance
    Hot flashes
    Hypotension
    Brain fog, confusion
    dehydration, can't wear heavy clothes because it trigger hot flashes and hypotension and dehydration and migraine

I take
    inderal 10 mg
    Imipramine 50 mg
    Memantine hydrochloride 20 mg
    Piribedil 50 mg
    Cinnarizine 50 mg

Is there are any other options for my case because yes I feel better but still have the symptoms despite I don't have dysautonomia nor chronic fatigue syndrome

Thanks

2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    How was the migraine variant diagnosed? I probably have ME and I was once diagnosed with a migraine variant. What are the symptoms of the migraine? Have you ever had encephalitis or meningitis, or sepsis? We need to know more. Also, orthostatic intolerance is a form of dysautonomia.

Nemesis likes this.
  3. Nemesis

Nemesis

No I don't a neurosurgery diagnosed me
    Actually I don't know if it orthostatic intolerance or not I have hypotension and tachycardia when I climb stairs or do exercises and sit in floor
    Yes I have episodes of migraine headaches and half headache, auditory hallucinations sometimes, vomiting the only thing that makes me feel better from headache is ergotamine
    Every blood tests and scans were fine except for hypothyroidism and what i mention above is my symptoms, i loss focus and concentration if exposed to sun or heat
    My migraine trigger by sun or heat or exercise
    I can't go outdoors because it trigger confusion and migraine and fatigue and hypotension

4. Shoshana

Shoshana Northern USA

Northern USA
    I don't know any answers to your questions.
    But I am sorry you are having such difficulties.

We also would not know which other things you could try while taking those meds you take.

Maybe someone has some ideas for you, but it seems to me that you need a different doctor to try to advise you.
    We are not doctors and cannot advise, even if we are.

But I do want you to know we do care.

Nemesis likes this.
  5. Nemesis

Nemesis

Thanks I'm quite sure the doctor is good as far as I understood this symptoms are incurable
    And as for meds I won't take anything without my doctor advice, if there is any suggestion about any meds I will ask the doctor about it, I always do it,searching for researches and treatments and ask the doctor about it, recently I asked him about nimodipine and he said that won't work for me

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  6. andyguitar

andyguitar Senior Member

South east England
    Have you tried wearing sun glasses when you go outside? Migraine can be a very hard thing to treat and it can take years to get the drugs right. I wonder if you have ever tried plain,simple Asprin? And is there maybe something else that is the trigger?

7. Nemesis

Nemesis

I wear sunglasses and tanami hat
    Asprin is not effective
    the triggers are
    Heat
    Light
    Noise
    Exercises or going outside
    Hot foods and hit drinks

8. Nemesis

Nemesis