• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Migraine and hypo-methylation: flow diagram

Hey everybody

After a year of constant research and healing, I was finally able to produce a diagram that demonstrate the relationship between migraine and hypo-methylation, including the serotonin, histamine (allergies) and nitric oxide connection. Migraine is initiated by vasoconstriction (middle upper part), immediately followed by vasodilation (middle lower part). The top-left part numbers several dangerous yet common toxins, the top-right one lists main physical effects, and the rest lower, bold numbers deal with direct hypo-methylation influences. Note that the word migraine does not appear in the diagram, as well as genetics and hormonal and nervous cycles, which often cause constant, severe symptoms.

Parts of the diagram are specifically related to me, as anyone can have different complications at different times. Many other cycles can be added, as anything can induce numerous biological effects.

I used the minus (-) symbol for inhibited biological activity or reduced quantity, and a plus (+) symbol for the opposite meaning. A minus with a slash on it reflects dysregulation or dysfunction. Doubled symbol reflects greater influence.
20151225_13393701.jpg

Overcoming the partial blockage in the methylation cycle should reduce susceptibility to diseases in the vascular system, including migraine.

Best regards,
Boaz

Hi there and thanks for this chart. Are you able to tolerate many of the natural vasodilators in quantity? Have you had successes in reversing any of these patterns? If so what have you done? Or what do you think could be done?