• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Midnight friends

alex3619

I was a subject, along with quite a few others, in a study that ended a year or two back on using Second Life as a social media for ME patients. It can work, but its not for everyone. However if you look at PR, and what we do here, there are thousands who benefit from social media all the time. We just finished agreeing at our last SL meeting that the internet has changed everything for us. Many of us are very aware of it.

With a proliferation of social media we have many choices. If someone is looking to connect with people and is house bound, or even bed bound, this is a minor miracle.

Allyson

well
I was a subject, along with quite a few others, in a study that ended a year or two back on using Second Life as a social media for ME patients. It can work, but its not for everyone. However if you look at PR, and what we do here, there are thousands who benefit from social media all the time. We just finished agreeing at our last SL meeting that the internet has changed everything for us. Many of us are very aware of it.

With a proliferation of social media we have many choices. If someone is looking to connect with people and is house bound, or even bed bound, this is a minor miracle.

Well said Alex!

Ally

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
cool para from that article:

Check with your doctor. The chances are good that the information offered in online communities is correct: A study in the British Medical Journal found that only 10 of 4,600 posts in a sample of online patient groups were false or misleading. And of these, seven were identified by other site participants and corrected within an average of four hours and 33 minutes. Still, it’s wise to consult with a physician who knows you before following online advice.