1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

MethylMate B question

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by gu3vara, Sep 30, 2011.

1. gu3vara

gu3vara Senior Member

Hi,

I know that liquid MethylMate is meant to be taken sublingual but how long should I wait before drinking/swallowing afterward? I have a hard time letting it more than 5 minutes.

Thx guys!
  2. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Brisbane, Aust
    Hi gu3vara, I guess you should not drink as this would both rapidly dissolve the tab and transport dissolved B12 into your stomach where its impact would be lower. Swallow? I guess you are talking about saliva buildup. Are you putting the tab alongside your gum? I don't experience a reflexive need to swallow. If saliva does build up I guess you would have to swallow. Try not to think about it, that may help.
  3. Adster

Adster Senior Member

Australia
    I think that one is drops? Ideally you hold it there as long as possible as there is little if any absorption in the gut of mb12(edit:methylmate drops are methylfolate, not mb12). It's really hard though with the liquid b12s. I've been experimenting with dropping some of the liquid b12 I have here into some guar gum to make it into a gummy blob that will stay under the tongue. First experiment worked a bit too well, it took ages to dissolve. I might add a bit of rice flour or some other dissolving powder to the guar gum next and try again.
  4. RustyJ

Brisbane, Aust
    Ha. Sorry, I misread your post. I am taking the sublingual lozenges and got confused.
  5. gu3vara

gu3vara Senior Member

That's a good idea actually!
  6. sandralee

sandralee

Sydney, Australia
    Hi All,

Just a point of clarification. MethylMate B is not MB12, it is methylfolate, also referred to as Metafolin or Folapro.

MethylMate B is part of Richs protocol along with Hydroxy B12 Mega Drops.

Kind regards,

Sandra
  7. Adster

Adster Senior Member

Australia
    Thanks Sandra. So it might not be as critical as with the methyl b12 to not swallow them.

Apologies for any confusion.
  8. RustyJ

Brisbane, Aust
    I am taking Metafolin tabs which I swallow straight away. Hope I got that right LOL.

See more popular forum discussions.