• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MethylMate B question

gu3vara

Hi,

I know that liquid MethylMate is meant to be taken sublingual but how long should I wait before drinking/swallowing afterward? I have a hard time letting it more than 5 minutes.

Thx guys!

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
Hi gu3vara, I guess you should not drink as this would both rapidly dissolve the tab and transport dissolved B12 into your stomach where its impact would be lower. Swallow? I guess you are talking about saliva buildup. Are you putting the tab alongside your gum? I don't experience a reflexive need to swallow. If saliva does build up I guess you would have to swallow. Try not to think about it, that may help.

Adster

I think that one is drops? Ideally you hold it there as long as possible as there is little if any absorption in the gut of mb12(edit:methylmate drops are methylfolate, not mb12). It's really hard though with the liquid b12s. I've been experimenting with dropping some of the liquid b12 I have here into some guar gum to make it into a gummy blob that will stay under the tongue. First experiment worked a bit too well, it took ages to dissolve. I might add a bit of rice flour or some other dissolving powder to the guar gum next and try again.

gu3vara

I think that one is drops? Ideally you hold it there as long as possible as there is little if any absorption in the gut of mb12. It's really hard though with the liquid b12s. I've been experimenting with dropping some of the liquid b12 I have here into some guar gum to make it into a gummy blob that will stay under the tongue. First experiment worked a bit too well, it took ages to dissolve. I might add a bit of rice flour or some other dissolving powder to the guar gum next and try again.

That's a good idea actually!

Hi All,

Just a point of clarification. MethylMate B is not MB12, it is methylfolate, also referred to as Metafolin or Folapro.

MethylMate B is part of Richs protocol along with Hydroxy B12 Mega Drops.

Kind regards,

Sandra

Adster

Thanks Sandra. So it might not be as critical as with the methyl b12 to not swallow them.

Apologies for any confusion.