• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylfolate SIDE EFFECTS...

viggster

There appear to be three types of responses to methylfolate:
FIRST: A person who can jump on methylfolate and feel absolutely wonderful. The only down side they experience is why didn’t they know about methylfolate before?!
SECOND: A person starts methylfolate has an amazingly incredible week where they are happy, interacting and alert. Then the second week comes and they switch to wanting to hide in a room by themselves or literally throw dishes across the room out of anger. Or they may become bed ridden from muscle aches, intense headaches or joint pain.
THIRD: A person takes a small amount of methylfolate and feels all the methylfolate side effects right out the gate.
Hmm....I take 15 mg a day and haven't noticed any of these 3 things. I have the double MTHFR mutation and also take mega-doses of B12. [shruggie]

dannybex

Hmm....I take 15 mg a day and haven't noticed any of these 3 things. I have the double MTHFR mutation and also take mega-doses of B12. [shruggie]

Just wanted to point out that that is a quote from Dr. Ben Lynch. You might want to ask the question over on his site, which is something like mthfr.com. A google search will turn it up.