1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Methylfolate Question

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by minkeygirl, Apr 26, 2014.

1. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    My NP wants me to start taking Thorne 5-MTHF. She said 1/16 of a 1 mg capsule.

To make sure I get consistent dosing, I was thinking of putting a capsule in water, not sure how many ML's since my math skills are gone, then each day use a syringe and draw up the amount I need.

So the first question is will the Methylfolate stay in the water for the amount of time it takes me to use it up?

Then, if so, can someone help me with the math, ie: if I use 50 ml water (or how ever much I need, how much do I draw up to make the 1/16 of 1 mg?

If anyone has other suggestions I'm open.

Thanks
  2. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    40 ml water, draw 2.5 ml per day
    80 ml water, draw 5 ml per day
    160 ml water, draw 10 ml per day
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    @adreno. Thanks. I can only do the math if it's 100 mgs in 100 ml water.

Do you think the methylfolate will survive? I'll keep it capped in the fridge. It will also be easier for me to adjust the dosage if I need to that way.
  4. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Well, 16 days is a long time. I have no idea how long it will keep.
  5. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    That's what I'm trying to find out. I can't think of another way to get that low dose without buying a scale and messing around with that which I just can't do in the morning.
  6. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    @adreno, based on RichVanks protocol he suggests we can use Solgar Metafolin. I can get that in a 400 mcg. Is there a difference between Metafolin and Methyletrahydrofolate? That might be an easier way to go to start.
  7. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Both are 5-MTHF.
  8. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    Cool. I'll run it past my NP. Thanks.
  9. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
  10. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    I was thinking if I get the pills I can split them more easily. Then I can start really slow. The last time I tried this I felt really unwell so I had to stop. This might make it easier.

See more popular forum discussions.