• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylfolate Question

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
My NP wants me to start taking Thorne 5-MTHF. She said 1/16 of a 1 mg capsule.

To make sure I get consistent dosing, I was thinking of putting a capsule in water, not sure how many ML's since my math skills are gone, then each day use a syringe and draw up the amount I need.

So the first question is will the Methylfolate stay in the water for the amount of time it takes me to use it up?

Then, if so, can someone help me with the math, ie: if I use 50 ml water (or how ever much I need, how much do I draw up to make the 1/16 of 1 mg?

If anyone has other suggestions I'm open.

Thanks

adreno

PR activist
40 ml water, draw 2.5 ml per day
80 ml water, draw 5 ml per day
160 ml water, draw 10 ml per day

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@adreno. Thanks. I can only do the math if it's 100 mgs in 100 ml water.

Do you think the methylfolate will survive? I'll keep it capped in the fridge. It will also be easier for me to adjust the dosage if I need to that way.

adreno

PR activist
@adreno. Thanks. I can only do the math if it's 100 mgs in 100 ml water.

Do you think the methylfolate will survive? I'll keep it capped in the fridge. It will also be easier for me to adjust the dosage if I need to that way.
Well, 16 days is a long time. I have no idea how long it will keep.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
That's what I'm trying to find out. I can't think of another way to get that low dose without buying a scale and messing around with that which I just can't do in the morning.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@adreno, based on RichVanks protocol he suggests we can use Solgar Metafolin. I can get that in a 400 mcg. Is there a difference between Metafolin and Methyletrahydrofolate? That might be an easier way to go to start.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I was thinking if I get the pills I can split them more easily. Then I can start really slow. The last time I tried this I felt really unwell so I had to stop. This might make it easier.