Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

methylfolate pain in the joints

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by zzz0r, Jun 13, 2015.

1. zzz0r

zzz0r Senior Member

Dr Lynch has written a wonderfull article regarding methylfolate side effects and has also given some very enlightening replies below his artcile at the comment sectio.n However I can not find out i specific reason why would methylfolate cause pain in the joints.

I personally experience join pain when taking methylfolate but it is not a generalized pain to all of my joints but rather one or two specific joints.

2. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

@zzz0r if you click the link in my sig "Uric acid" you will see a chart that shows how folate increase uric acid, which is known to cause joint pain. However, I have been chasing high uric acid for over a year just to realize that calcium oxalates are a bigger issue... Link to that under "Prebx Probx Ox".

3. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    From what I read on methyl folate before, joint pain is a common reaction. Usually because of a de tox reaction. Raised inflammation from fighting infection or dealing with other irritants that can be in the body.

Changexpert and Gondwanaland like this.

See more popular forum discussions.