Surprisingly good outcomes for people who get ME/CFS after Mononucleosis (Glandular Fever)
Sometimes ME/CFS emerges after mononucleosis, or glandular fever. Simon McGrath shares results from a long-term follow-up study from Haukeland University Hospital in Norway...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Methylfolate dosage?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Bdeep86, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Bdeep86

Bdeep86

Was wonder what dose of methylfolate do people generally settle on? For either Rich or Freddd? I have a lot of Bh4 issues as well so i'm wondering if I need higher doses.

2. Bdeep86

Bdeep86

Have you noticed improvements with those doses? How much B12 are you on?

3. Star-Anise

Star-Anise Senior Member

Bdeep86
    Yep, I have been using the 1500mcg daily of methylB12 that I split into 3 doses - no other forms of B12 right now. I have been slowly tapering this dose up over past 3 mos, along with my methylfolate which I am at 250mcg per day right now.
    I have noticed vast improvements in my energy, stamina, and cognition over past 3 months from introducing methylfolate & methylB12. As I read might be the case though I was unable to increase my doses dramatically until I got my mercury filling removed, which appeared to be leaking (yuck). I am now facing the challenge of chelation in my future...

helen1 likes this.
  4. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    I was just looking at Rich's protocol so this is fresh in my mind: 200mcg methylfolate. I get a response from that amount.

5. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

B.C., Canada
    I'm on 700 mcg slowly ramped up from 100 mcg. I might be seeing an improvement, not sure.

6. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    I see people on these forums who max out at a few hundred micrograms, others who take 10-30 milligrams. It really depends on how you respond.

I am trying to substitute some folinic acid for the MTHF, since I don't have the MTHFR C677T, and since MTHF is so expensive. I take 5 mg of MTHF and one or two 800 mcg of folinic. I'm also taking TMG because of BHMT 08 mutation, so I figure I've got enough methyl groups hanging around to methylate the folinic acid. I have always had perfect skin even as a teenager and now I'm post menopausal, but my face and scalp broke out for several months when I was on 1 mg of MTHF. It's better but not great now, which is why I'm trying two of the folinic this week.

See more popular forum discussions.