1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
No Longer Naive in the Ways of The Beast
After having lived for years with ME/CFS, Jody Smith learned there's more to this beast of an illness than she realized, and that what might help one person may not help others ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Methylfolate dosage?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Bdeep86, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Bdeep86

Bdeep86

Was wonder what dose of methylfolate do people generally settle on? For either Rich or Freddd? I have a lot of Bh4 issues as well so i'm wondering if I need higher doses.
  2. Bdeep86

Bdeep86

Have you noticed improvements with those doses? How much B12 are you on?
  3. Star-Anise

Star-Anise Senior Member

Bdeep86
    Yep, I have been using the 1500mcg daily of methylB12 that I split into 3 doses - no other forms of B12 right now. I have been slowly tapering this dose up over past 3 mos, along with my methylfolate which I am at 250mcg per day right now.
    I have noticed vast improvements in my energy, stamina, and cognition over past 3 months from introducing methylfolate & methylB12. As I read might be the case though I was unable to increase my doses dramatically until I got my mercury filling removed, which appeared to be leaking (yuck). I am now facing the challenge of chelation in my future...
    helen1 likes this.
  4. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    I was just looking at Rich's protocol so this is fresh in my mind: 200mcg methylfolate. I get a response from that amount.
  5. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

B.C., Canada
    I'm on 700 mcg slowly ramped up from 100 mcg. I might be seeing an improvement, not sure.
  6. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    I see people on these forums who max out at a few hundred micrograms, others who take 10-30 milligrams. It really depends on how you respond.

I am trying to substitute some folinic acid for the MTHF, since I don't have the MTHFR C677T, and since MTHF is so expensive. I take 5 mg of MTHF and one or two 800 mcg of folinic. I'm also taking TMG because of BHMT 08 mutation, so I figure I've got enough methyl groups hanging around to methylate the folinic acid. I have always had perfect skin even as a teenager and now I'm post menopausal, but my face and scalp broke out for several months when I was on 1 mg of MTHF. It's better but not great now, which is why I'm trying two of the folinic this week.

See more popular forum discussions.