• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

methylfolate brain fog

trickthefox

Hey guys,
im following KDMs protocoll, and actually doing a bit better already. Because i have been taking the B12 injections (hydroxy not methyl) someone said it was super important that I add methylfolate incase the levels go out of whack - anyway, i took one last night and become zombified for about 3 hours, and took one thismorning and the same thing happened - also i noticed the coating on my tounge which is usually a thin yellow coating became super thick yellow - I dont think its candida but wont rule it out - my digestion is super screwed. I have histamene intollerence which usually makes me react quite strongly to supplements but this feels like it could be a different reaction - I feel super brain dead like I could happily sit hear for hours just starting open mouthed at a wall. Anyone shed some light on this?

Valentijn

I don't react well to much folate either. If I take anymore than is in a standard multivitamin, I feel like crap after a couple days.

If it's causing problems, don't take it.