• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylfolate + AdB12 = good or recipe for methyltrap?

Hi everyone;

I had some trouble with anxiety when I started TMG, methylfolate, methylB12, and AdB12 all at once. About a week ago I started methylfolate and AdB12, I experienced a dramatic improvement in my mental health.

I almost feel back to my normal self after a year of wicked depression and anxiety (I am on prescription antidepressants and 5-htp as well - they helped a lot, but I was not myself).

Why would this be? Anyone else have this effect?

Also, is this a recipe for a crash soon? Methyltrapping?

ahmo

Jammies, I've found your list of supps excellent for anxiety. Also, for me, grain and dairy-free was necessary. Amy Yasko recommends low dose lithium orotate (not the same as lithium carbonate used for bipolar) to help regulate the rapid neurotransmitter cycling that some with this range of SNPs experience. That, too, has been brilliantly effective for me. I got the lithium form iherb, use 1/4 cap daily. That's all it takes to stop me from bursting into tears over anything and nothing! Best to you, ahmo