Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Methylcobalamin I.M. and S.C. injections equivalance to sublingual form

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Thinktank, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe + Asia
    I've been searching for this but couldn't find a definitive answer. Hope some of you want to share their opinion / expertise.

Have there been any studies done on the bio-equivalance between the different application forms of methylcobalamin? By that i mean intramusculair vs. subcutaneous vs sublingual.
    I know that oral has bad bio-availability, especially in those with inflammation in the ileum.

I've just received 10 X 1mg/ml vials methylcobalamin which i'd like to start with today but have to decide I.M. or S.C.

2. Helen

Helen Senior Member

3. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe + Asia
  4. Helen

Helen Senior Member

One injection every second day, 2 ml = 10 mg MeCbl.
    (One needle to draw up (right expession?) the liquid and then another very thin and short to inject with. Search for a spot on the skin where the needle doesn´t hurt and there you can inject without any pain. The front of the tigh use to be a good place).

physicsstudent13 and Thinktank like this.
  5. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Thinktank likes this.
  6. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe + Asia
    @ahmo, thanks i will take a look at it.
    I gave it a go this morning and injected 1mg metylCbl subcutaneously per Dr. Neubranders injection recommendation.
    In an hour i felt a lift in mood and actually haven't felt this good in a whole month. I didn't expect anything from it so it's no placebo, have i gone too deep with the needle? I don't believe real S.C. should give such a rapid response.

@Helen, thanks again for your advice.

physicsstudent13 and Critterina like this.
  7. Helen

Helen Senior Member

I´m happy to read that you had such a good response. I have heard quite a few stories like yours, and my own first reaction was very strong too. I don´t think you have to worry about how deep you injected the MeCbl. It worked :) .

8. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe + Asia
    The MethylB12 subcutane injection worked better than expected.

I did some basic labtesting before starting my IV ceftriaxone treatment for lyme 5 days ago.
    My HCT is too low. Does anyone know why that might be the case, anything to do with methylation?

HCT = 42.8 (43.5 - 53.7)
    MCV = 87.5 (80.0 - 95.0)
    MCH = 30.5 (27.0 - 32.5)
    MCHC = 34.8 (32.0 - 36.0)
    RBC: 4.89 (4.5 - 6.0)
    RBC distr. width = 13.7% (9.0 - 15.0)

9. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

Has your iron/ferritin/etc been tested? Were you supplementing B12 and/or folate prior to the test?

10. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe + Asia
    Iron/ferritin/TIBC etc. is all normal.
    I've injected 1mg MethylB12 subcutaneous 3 days before the bloodtest.

11. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe + Asia
    Last months labtest revealed my HCT increased slightly to the borderline level of 43.6%.
    This month it has dropped to 41.6%.

I inject 10mg hydroxycobalamin twice weekly and take 400mcg metafolin daily so what's going on?

12. physicsstudent13

physicsstudent13 Senior Member

US
    I've been trying the methyl b12 in sublingual with the methylfolate and lcarnitine fumarate and haven't noticed a big difference (also b complex SC injections). Hydroxy b12 is also prescribed for cyanide poisoning and reduced cyanide levels by 50% or more in cigarette smokers. I read in one study rocephin can severely damage your gallbladder by interacting with calcium and forming large gallstones. by the way is there a site to purchase cheap methyl b12 injections?

See more popular forum discussions.