1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Methylation tests

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by daniariete2000, Dec 12, 2013.

1. daniariete2000

daniariete2000

Hi all ,

I know that Rich used the SAM/SAH test (provided by healthdiagnostics) to understand if one person has a partial block of methylation cycle . He said that under 4,5 it means to have the block.

1) Do you remember if in the past he referred also about a maximun value of SAM/SAH ? For exemple is my SAM/SAH would be 5 would be fine or maybe overmethilation ?

2)Do you know if testing histamine in serum is a better indicator for methylation (as Dr Lynch use) or is better SAM/SAH test ?

Thanks
  2. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

3. daniariete2000

daniariete2000

Yes I know, but there is no answer to my question numer 1. He says only this :

Ratio of SAM to SAH: A ratio less than about 4.5 represents low methylation capacity. Both the concentration of SAM and the ratio of concentrations of SAM to SAH are important in determining themethylation capacity, because they affect the rates of the methyltransferase reactions.

See more popular forum discussions.