1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Methylation Side effects

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Bdeep86, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Bdeep86

Bdeep86

So I have been finally able to introduce the methylfolates after building the 12's. I have had some weird side effects though. I have a lot of tingling in my hands, tightening muscles, and joints are cracking and popping. I have gathered it could be low magnesium, low calcium or increased inflammation. Anyone had this before? Could it be anything other than the three things I mentioned? I appreciate any feedback.

2. stridor

stridor Senior Member

Definitely maintain Mg levels. Everyone has symptoms when they start. Mine lasted only a couple of weeks. I felt better and worse at the same time. I did not have your symptoms.
    When you fire up the methylation pathway, all sorts of things happen. You mobilize toxins, and you make more metabolic demands on nutrients and energy stores. You ever see those Japanese waterfalls? One fills, then flows into the next, which then fills and so on? That is what enzyme pathways do. We have to give our systems time to adapt to things and they will. Your cells have been (literally?) dying to have someone turn on the tap.

3. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

B.C., Canada
    It could also be neurological damage caused by too much folate compared to B12. Which brand of B12 are you taking? Most of the B12 brands are poorly absorbed, so even a small amount of folate could cause neurological symptoms such as tingling.

Crux likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.