1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Methylation Seattle

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by PokerPlayer, Mar 1, 2011.

1. PokerPlayer

PokerPlayer Guest

Seattle, Washington
    Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with a doctor in Seattle area who can fit methylation into their protocol. (the whole 9 yards of testing for methylation too). Any other advice on treatment or a doctor would be great too.

Some background on me, I am 24 year old male who has more severe brain fog than fatigue. For example, I can go play 18 holes of golf without a problem and can go for a slow hour walk every day. But if it comes to doing something work oriented where I have to constantly focus I just start feeling flu like symptoms and progressively more intense brain fog until I can barely have a conversation with someone. I have been like this for a year now. It manifested first as depression and anxiety. I chose intense exercise as a treatment instead of medication, and I drove my health into the ground until I could not workout anymore because I was so weak and exhausted and feeling overstimulated at the same time.

I experimented with the "Freddd" protocol and with high dosages of mb12, adb12, methylfolate, and l-carnitine, I was able to experience a massive improvement in brain fog. As a result, my anhedonia, apathy, and dysthmia were completely relieved and I was able to enjoy life again for 2 weeks. However, I had the whole time felt a slight feeling of overstimulation, and at the end of the 2 weeks I woke up and felt extreme exhaustion and a return of brain fog. So it seems that something was working, but maybe just not in the correct amount.
  2. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Not sure if you have come across this website: http://www.co-cure.org/USA_WA.htm . I am sure someone will chime in soon, I believe there are a few people here from your state.

GG

PS I have heard this website is a little outdated, but I have had luck with it.
  3. PokerPlayer

PokerPlayer Guest

Seattle, Washington
    ggingues,

Thanks for the reply! I have read that list yes. I am especially interested in methylation as it reduced brain fog greatly so I am looking for a doc that knows a thing or two about it.

See more popular forum discussions.