The Power and Pitfalls of Omics: George Davey Smith’s storming talk at ME/CFS conference
Read about the talk that stole the show at a recent ME/CFS conference in Simon McGrath's two-part blog.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Methylation protocol - maintenance dose?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by hoping for recovery, Sep 22, 2014.

1. hoping for recovery

hoping for recovery

I am only just starting the protocol, but was wondering after you've been on it for a while (several months to years???) and got the B12 doses to as high as produces no new benefit, can you drop down to a smaller maintenance dose?

Who has been on it long term?
    If so how long?
    Have you tried dropping down in doses?
    If so did you still maintain your previous gains?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  2. hoping for recovery

hoping for recovery

184 views and no one wants to tell me how long they've been on the methylation protocol?

3. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    You asked for people who'd been on the protocol a couple years. I've been on Freddd's Protocol 1.5 years, at significant doses since January. I'd been on higher doses until I understood that vegetable folinic was blocking folate. From that point, in May (4 months ago) I reduced my dosages from Mfolate 25mg, MB12 30mg to my current ongoing dosages of Mfolate 15mg, MB12 20mg. Too soon for me to consider decreasing. Will I ever be able to decrease? Unknown. Might be that my system will always need this.

See more popular forum discussions.