The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Methylation minds needed......

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by place, Apr 19, 2012.

1. place

place Be Strong!

US
    I am new to the methylamine protocol. And I am wondering if the following symptoms or issues could be apart of the methy issue because no one else tends to have this issues.

Dasani- I discovered 5 years ago that I felt soooo good (increase of energy by 30%) when I drank Dasani. I thought it was because of the Magnesium. But when I took magnesium, it did nothing. So I stuck with just drinking it. It is a bit costly. Strangely it has both Magnesium and Potassium!

Surge of Energy- 12 hours before I get sick, I get a ton of energy. In addition, i get heart burn too. Doesnt matter if it is fibro sick, sinus sick or plain flu sick.

PEM- if I drink enough Dasani I can reduce the effect.

Any of these responses fit into the methyl protocol?
    :rolleyes:

2. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, place.

I can't say that I understand why Dasani water helps you so much. You would have to drink a very large amount of it in a day's time to contribute significantly to your overall daily potassium intake from foods.

I have heard about the burst of energy before getting sick before from PWMEs a few years ago, but sorry, I don't understand that, either.

Likewise with your third phenomenon.

So, I guess I'm batting zero! Maybe others will have some helpful comments.

Best regards,

Rich

3. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    I am convinced the dihydrogen monoxide molecules in Dasani are helping place.

4. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Well, those have been known to be helpful to quite a few of us, and their concentration in Dasani is pretty high! :)-)

Rich

5. place

place Be Strong!

US
    Wow, no one has even remotely been able to explain why this is. Looks like I will be looking up dihydrogen menoxide is. Y' all have some beautiful minds out there!

I have to say today, I was starting to feel really bad again and I thought it was due to the day I had. Then I thought i would take a potassium and sure enough within half hour my energy was back!e Its crazy!

Every once in a while I get another puzzle piece!

Thanks for the insight!
    Kim

6. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, place.

I'm sorry, we were messing with you. Dihydrogen monoxide is H2O. The water itself.

It would be interesting to know if you get a bigger effect from some of the mineral
    waters that have higher concentrations of dissolved minerals.

Best regards,

Rich

7. determined

determined Senior Member

USA: Deep South
    Hi Place,
    I can drink Dasani and have no problem with it, but it's interesting that it helps you so much. I have a BIG problem with water that has added minerals to it in larger amounts; I get pretty sick, in fact. I'll be interested to see if anyone has any explanation.

8. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
    I too have a lot of trouble driving mineralised water / electrolyte drinks.

9. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    "Burst of energy before getting sick, heartburn also happening at the same time": This sounds like your adrenals revving up to me. Like your body has detected a virus and it's revving up to fight it.

When I was sick with high cortisol, I also had heartburn, which I've never had before or since.

I'm not sure about the Dasani, but a 30% increase in function is amazing. I think it's worth trying out other waters with minerals dissolved in, whether it's a commercial brand, or you mix it up yourself.

This could also have something to do with adrenals. When the adrenals aren't functioning properly, you will lose electrolytes (sodium, magnesium, etc.).

I replace mine by drinking water with the electrolytes in it. Although I don't get the big burst of energy like you do. It does keep me from feeling as bad, craving salt, etc.

10. Gavman

Gavman Senior Member

Sydney
    hahaha. Spanks to nano and rich. When magnesium doesnt seem to do its job and its indicated, trying potassium/magnesium can go well. Easy way to tell if its that is to try another form of it.

11. Valentijn

Valentijn WE ARE KINA

Just to cover all the bases - do you get the same effect if you drink a lot of plain water? I get OI issues when I crash, and extra fluids are a necessity.

12. place

place Be Strong!

US
    Rich and Nano- My friends... that was before my time!

Calendonia- Thanks for the tip on the adreinal (spelling? I guess the water doesn't fix that!). I will look into the function of it because what you state falls into the pattern.

Valentign- I have tried all other waters. I have always been a water drinker. And since drinking Dasani, I drink atleast 14 cups of water a day. I even know that the Dasani sold at MacDonalds is not the same that I buy in the store. I have tested the Magnisum with no success but am testing supplimenting with potassium. I'm not 100% but I have noticed a decrease in consumption of water since supplimenting with potassium but it has only been 3 days, so nothing to hang my hat on.

I eat a ton of salt... if I could I would put salt on salt. I remember that the nerve impluse requires both sodium and K+ to travel down the mylin sheath (spelling). Maybe a balance of the two substances. My family also has really low blood pressure, so maybe it just keeps things going... i don't know...

I will keep y'all posted if I find anything out.

See more popular forum discussions.